Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    princessoreo Posts: 18, Reputation: 0

Dec 28, 2012, 01:38 AM
    Child support has not been paid
    My ex husband is court ordered by the state of Missouri to pay child support. It has been almost a year and not a penny has been paid. Its not that I'm money hungry but it would be nice to have some help from the baby daddy even though he doesn't want anything to do with his four kids. I have been to child support enforcement services, filled out the paper work but nothing. They tell me he has no address, no employment, etc. however his parents tell me he is working under the table and has a girlfriend who is putting everything in her name so he can't be traced. What can I do to get some help for my wonderful children from the baby daddy?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 28, 2012, 04:20 AM
    So you hire a private investigator, prove he is working under the tablie, prove his work place was served with a garnishment of wages. The work place would also be liable for payment if they do not pay a garnishment if they employ someone.

Then take all of this evidence and take him back to court for contemp

Child support enforcement does not send people out and prove anything, they would collect if he was properly and legally working.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 28, 2012, 04:22 AM
    If a dead beat dad wants to live a life like that, there is little you can do to collect support from him. You can try to get proof that he is hiding money. The job that is paying him under the table can get in serious trouble for doing so. So you can keep him in a state of poverty, but are unlikely to actually collect anything.
    princessoreo Posts: 18, Reputation: 0

Dec 28, 2012, 04:26 AM
    I have considered the private investigator aspect. Unfortunately, I am unable to due to my limited finances. I have done all I can. Karma will get him lol
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 28, 2012, 04:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by princessoreo View Post
    Karma will get him lol
    Probably will, when the girlfriend gets tired of him and throws him out and he has nothing of his own since everything is in her name, While under the table jobs are available, they are generally menial and low paying. So to avoid supporting his children he will grow old with no assets, no family, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If I no longer pay child support will my spousal support paid increase? [ 10 Answers ]

I live in California and my daughter is 19 yrs old and just graduated from high school, I was paying child support and spousal support, now that I am no longer obligated to pay child support will the spousal support I pay to my ex get increased?

Can I file child abandonment warrant? My exhusband hasn't paid 5 months child support [ 2 Answers ]

It's been five months and he now owes $9,000 and refuses to pay. I filed a contempt of court order paperwork and the law has made four attempts to serve him but was unsuccessful. What can I do next? Can I file a child abandonment warrant or just file another contempt of court paperwork again until...

Can non custodial parent get money from dead child estate if never paid child support [ 1 Answers ]

Custodial parents car insurance will only pay the representative of the estate under the uninsured motorist coverage. If custodial parent files to be the administator, does she have to split the money with the non custodial parent who has never cared for the deceased child or paid on the support...

Ex-husband never paid child support [ 2 Answers ]

My ex-husband never paid child support and I have raised both of my children without his financial help. In the original divorce papers it says he has to pay child support but never did. Now the children are 28 & 32 and really could use these funds. Can I sue my ex-husband for back child support in...

Child support not paid? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a step mother of a 13 year old girl, for the last 10 years I have been the only mother that she really knows. Her birth mother is in and out of her life. The last time that they talked was back in December ( x-mas, it's now October) and our daughters b-day was in June, not a phone call just a...

View more questions Search