Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    footwork61 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2012, 02:25 PM
    Vizio E291-A1 lock-up
    I installed a Vizio E291-A1 in my mom's nursing home room last week. Sometimes the sound cuts out. If I hit the Power button on the remote, the TV will turn off, wait a few seconds and then turn back on. Then everything will be fine.

If I hit any other button on the remote, the TV will completely lock up and I have to pull the power cord from the back. Since the TV is in a cabinet and secured with an anti-tip restraining wire, it's not easy to do.

I have noticed that the sound seems to always go out when a program is switching between commercials or going from the program to a commercial. I wonder if it might have anything to do with Closed Captioning, since it is always turned on on the TV. Some commercials are captioned. Some are not. But the TV has gone for a few days without an issue. Last night it happened 3 times within an hour while watching news programs.

Am I searching for patterns where none exist?

The TV is connected to the coax cable (no cable box) and a DVD player (HDMI-1). I also connected a DAC to the TOSlink digital audio output which drives my mom's roommate's wireless headphones.

Any thoughts about causes or solutions? Is this a hardware defect or perhaps a software issue?
    djmathys Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2013, 06:35 AM
    Did you find a solution to this issue? Mine does the same thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I use a VCR with my vizio TV? [ 0 Answers ]

I plugged my VCR into the proper inputs and no matter which input setting I set the television to I cannot use the vcr

Buzzing Vizio [ 1 Answers ]

Why does the sound make a low buzz on my Vizio Model M260VP when the resolution is on 1080? When it is on the lower resolutions the buzzing goes away ? This set is less than a year old

Can your lanlord change your lock (lock out) without going through the courts? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a month to month lease and have been paying every month. My landlord is selling her condo and I have agreed to stay here until she sell and open my house for showing while I reside her but the agreement was it has to be convinent me and a 48hr notice. Well that has not been the case and the...

Can't turn on laptop, all caps lock,Num lock, scr. Lock lights are on [ 2 Answers ]

Can some one help me, please I don't know what did my kids do my sony laptop, now I can't turn it on. When I turn on the laptop, only power, battery and hard drive lights are on but the screen is not on at all. All caps lock, Num lock and Screen lock lights are on all the time, the laptop doesn't...

Air lock or hammer lock [ 3 Answers ]

I was just wondering how I can rememdy hammer lock or airlock? I think that is what it is. I just bought this house that has been sitting for 3 months unoccuppied. I connected my washer and when the washer starts to cycle by pulling water to the unit, I hear this bang evertime it purges water. ...

View more questions Search