Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tinapj16 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2012, 09:56 AM
    Independent contractor working in two states. How to file taxes
    I am a physical therapist about to embark as an independent contractor I live on the border of two states and am licensed in both to practice. How do I LLC in both states and pay taxes on 1099. Anyone help
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Dec 27, 2012, 04:31 PM
    The LLC portion of the post is a LEGAL question best asked on the LAW Forum.

You will probably file the contractor income on Schedule C and SE. you will need to make quarterly estimated tax payments using Form 1040-ES, mailing in your payments by 15 April, 1 June, 15 September and 15 January 2014.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Taxes for independent contractor working as a technical consultant [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I have been working at a University as a researcher in California. I paid my taxes for the university work last April, 2012. I have also started to work parttime (one day a week) as an independent contractor-technical consultant for a private company on Feb 1st 2012. From the company, they...

Independent Contractor Taxes [ 1 Answers ]

My husband started working as an independent contractor for a local company. I know we have to pay taxes on his income. But, what I am curious about is what can I deduct come tax time. Travel expenses would include gas, and food. But what else would be added to this.

I'm both an independent contractor and W2 employee -- how do I file taxes? [ 3 Answers ]

In 2008, I have worked both as a W2 employee and an independent contractor (my wages are split between the two about half and half). This is the first year I'm paying as an independent contractor, and from what I've learned so far, you need to pay quarterly (I'm OK so far because I've really...

Exemption taxes if working with a J2 visa as an independent contractor? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I need a response ASAP about this concern. I am a French J-2 visa holder, recently working as an independent contractor. I am wondering if I can apply for an exemption of taxes. I know that the J-2 visa is not exempt of paying FICA taxes, contrary to my spouse who has a J-1 visa,...

Taxes for Independent Contractor [ 1 Answers ]

I just started to do work from home for a few different companies. All of which do not send a 1099 unless I earn around $400-500. I checked on the IRS website and found that I have to claim any income in excess of $500. If I earn over $500 in one year but it is split between say 4 companies and...

View more questions Search