Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TigaHotty85 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2012, 06:24 AM
    Left side of nose runny or stuffy, now Left inner ear and throat is itchy? Help
    I went out snowmobiling for the first time this year on 12-24-12. Later on that night when I went to bed my nose was a little stuffy when I went to lay down. I woke up the next morning and the left side of my airway felt like it was super dry and it hurt to breath through my nose. Tuesday night was the same way. Wednesday morning/afternoon I started getting this ITCHY sensation in my left inner ear and on the left side of my throat. When I swallow it itches. I have taken to using Q-tips to try and itch from the inside of my ear. It helps for a little bit but then it comes right back. It is driving me insane! I try to itch it and it just is so dang itchy! I don't know what this could be caused from. I have no allergies and this just started 2 days ago. Looking for some answers on the net everyone says allergies. Its not. So need to know on another end if its like part of a sinus infection and if I should go see a doc or get something over the counter and if so what. Please help! I'm going nuts with the itchy. I hate being sick, but can deal with it. (The stuffy, runny noes, ect) The itchy I can not deal with! Lol

Add: The mucus and drainage/snot is still clear. It is not yellow/greenish in color like you'd think it would be with a cold/infection.
    My head also on the left side only feels fuzzy/cloudy as well. Also, I've always had colds on and off. But never this ITCHY feeling that I am experiancing now. I'm more worried about the itchy and what I can do to sooth the itchy feeling.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 27, 2012, 07:04 AM
    Your ear (eustacian tube) drains into your throat. It secretes mucous just like your nose and sinuses do. When you have cold wind (or any wind) going by your ears, it isn't uncommon for it to affect your entire network of mucous tissues in your head.
    Gargle every hour with warm salt water, as deep back as you can. Take an antihistamine like Benadryl. Drink weak tea with honey and lemon in between gargling to keep hydrated, because the anti-histamine dries you out. So it's constant drying and hydrating.
    Answer back how all that works. (Q-tips won't help.)

Dec 27, 2012, 07:47 AM
    Thank you very much for that information. I didn't think I would get any good sound advice. But I will try what you say and hope it works. I appreciate you taking the time to let me know this. Thanks again =D
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 27, 2012, 07:48 AM
    I also wonder if you have tried using a Neti Pot? They really work wonders for cleaning out the sinuses.

Dec 27, 2012, 08:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    I also wonder if you have tried using a Neti Pot? They really work wonders for cleaning out the sinuses.
    No idea what that is lol. But never had this bad of a problem before. I'll have to look into it. Thanks =)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad sore throat/and left ear. Dr gave penicilin.when should I notice difference [ 2 Answers ]

Have a sore throat and up into my ear, all on left side. Now cheek is aching. Dr prescribed me penecillin on Friday as if she took a swab she wouldn't get back till Tuesday (thanksgiving holiday) so she prescibed. When should I start to feel the difference. It is very painful to swallow

Pain on the left side of my face after cleaning my ear [ 1 Answers ]

I used peroxide just to clean my ear. I believe I used too much and didn’t remove it all! Now for the past 4 days I have had a horrible pain moving through my sinuses, lower ear and gum line. This is only on the left side of my face. It seems that when I put pressure on the area hurting it will...

I have lumps on the left side and less severe on the right side of my throat [ 1 Answers ]

If I run my fingers along my jaw until it curves upward and forms the cheekbone the glands that are swollen that are right below the upward curve in the jawline. I can't find any diagram what these glands are. My tonsils are also swollen, and my nose is congested. I will not take any advice given...

Itchy throat and ears and stuffy nose and constant sneezing [ 3 Answers ]

HELP!! I've ben in heck for the last three days. My ears have been so itchy its come to the point were I've started sticking my fingers in my ears. Also I have ben sneezing lik crazy. Every hour three times in a row. My throat is painful its itchy but it feels like its bleeding from the inside....

My husband has a huge lump or knot on the left side of his throat. [ 2 Answers ]

My husband has had this lump inside his neck above his collar bone for about a year now the swelling comes and goes but he has gone to doc and they took blood and said its not thyroid.. it doesn't make any sense to me we can't afford to keep going to doc but it scares me.. I don't want his throat...

View more questions Search