Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mikescorpio Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2012, 08:47 PM
    She barely wants to make love anymore.
    Been married for 25 years, two kids and for the last five years or more she has slowed way down on making love with me. There are time a month or two go by with no sex. I tell her repeatedly she can have anything from me she wants at any time all she has to do is give me a look or slight touch ( after all I am not a mind reader).. . Still nothing. . Getting tired of always having to initiate... tired of being turned down so often and tired of having to do all the work with no result.

The lack of love making is hard to handle and I am angry and frustrated.. . I workout with her I am willing to do anything for her and am willing to give her whatever she wants when ever she wants it... We have some money frustrations but we are handling it... I think she has confidence issues and other phsycological issues but if I bring that up I am SATAN.. .

Any guidance would be appreciated.. .
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Dec 26, 2012, 09:52 PM
    Aside from talking about sex, have you tried talking to her?
    ArmstrongMiller Posts: 164, Reputation: -1

Dec 27, 2012, 12:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    Aside from talking about sex, have you tried talking to her?
    Agree with U.

Dec 27, 2012, 09:17 AM
    We are married 25 yrs officially next sept... so we do talk all the time about everything, politics, world events, religion the weather etc.. . But when you say have I tried talking to her what specifically do you mean
    Dating & Teen Expert

Dec 27, 2012, 09:24 AM
    Talk to her about how she feels, about what you can do to make things better for her. Maybe take her on dates without the expectation of sex. Let her talk about herself.
    I don't know how old she is but she could be approaching menopause and her libido has decreased.

Dec 27, 2012, 09:33 AM
    Talk to her about how she feels, about what you can do to make things better for her. Maybe take her on dates without the expectation of sex. Let her talk about herself.
    I don't know how old she is but she could be approaching menopause and her libido has decreased.
    She is 48 and I am 49.. . I think it might be starting.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Dec 27, 2012, 09:38 AM
    Well this could be a big reason she is not interested in sex. You need to talk to her. Find out what is going on with her. Take her out on dates, court her. Let her know you love her and you miss being with her.
    If her libido is decreased the last thing she needs to hear is your nagging her about sex. Giving her things is not going to make her want you if there is a physical problem.

Dec 27, 2012, 09:47 AM
    I just set up a linch date with her and will be taking her out in 45 minutes... I am trying and willing to try anyhting

I am not and do not want sex now I want to talk and relax with her so I hope she feels that as well. The talking will be relaxed and casual and see where it goes, no stress or pressure.

One week before "SANDY" hit us we had a fire in the house and we just this week got back into our house all finished and fixed so I kow there is stress and pressure I understand all that but still its been way too long wioth out intimacy for us both.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Dec 27, 2012, 10:49 AM
    Just take it slow and enjoy the lunch with her. Tell her you love her and really miss the "us" of the relationship.
    I hope it all works out for you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 27, 2012, 02:48 PM
    Kids are a stress and a distraction for anyone. How old are yours?

Dec 27, 2012, 04:04 PM
    Just take it slow and enjoy the lunch with her. Tell her you love her and really miss the "us" of the relationship.
    I hope it all works out for you.

I did do that and it seems to work, just have to be persistent with that sort of thing our kids are 18 and 15 and they are girls.. . So there is a bit of stress from their activity but I think it has ben the fire and the hurricane Sandy.. . Sometimes it is hard to pull out tha passion once you have stored it so far away.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Dec 27, 2012, 04:07 PM
    If she hasn't had her testosterone level checked lately, she should. That can be an issue.

Dec 27, 2012, 04:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    If she hasn't had her testosterone level checked lately, she should. That can be an issue.
    Thanks Jenny I will mention that when the time is right... it can be a sensitive subject to suggest something is wrong with her... she can get defensive. But it is a great suggestion. Thanks
    Dating & Teen Expert

Dec 27, 2012, 04:17 PM
    Have you been on her before about something being wrong with her? There seems to be stress an a lot going on. Keep up the good work. Does she work outside of the home?

Dec 28, 2012, 07:41 AM
    Homegirl... life is better.. . She recognizes the issue and we talked about it. I will be changing our diet to better facilitate romance as well as other things we are out of the woods but we still have a long way to go... thanks
    Dating & Teen Expert

Dec 28, 2012, 08:10 AM
    That is wonderful news. I wish you both much happiness.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boyfriend barely talks to me anymore... don't know what to do [ 2 Answers ]

We've been dating for 18 months on and off long distance because some semesters we have together and there's one where he's home and I'm in school and that's where we are right now. Its been about a little over a month since I last saw him. We knew we were going to go 4 months without seeing each...

I lost the love of my life, my life doesn't make sense anymore [ 4 Answers ]

I lost mybestfriend and love of my life 2 weeks ago and I don't understand my lifes purpose anymore, we had a connection so strong this doesn't make sense, everything I did in my over the past 22 years was for me however the constant knowing we would be together, we had 3 years to go before...

My fianc? Of 2 years doesn't want to make love anymore! [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 19 and my fiancé is 20. We have been off and on in out relationship for 2 years and the sex has been amazing. He wasn't very good when I met him but I've turned him into an amazing lover. We have been back together for a month now since our last split... I'm not very trusting of him and have...

View more questions Search