Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    onerealtor1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2012, 05:26 PM
    Marco Fireplaces
    Problem:
    I purchased my townhouse new from the builder in 1986 and have never used my fireplace or even attempted to use my fireplace. The fireplace is a Marco that is no longer manufactured. My home is now under contract and the inspector noted there was no way to open and close the damper on the fireplace. The damper opening is operational but the builder never installed the handle to operate the damper. It has always remained in a closed position but now that we have tampered with it, it stays in an open position as there is no handle that would extend to the outside of the face of the fireplace to operate the damper and was not noted until now.

Do you recognize the manufacturer and do you have parts to fix this with or do you know someone who could fabricate a lever and handle to repair this situation?
    And if not what do you suggest I do to rectify this situation?
    I have pictures of this but do not see how to attach them. Thanks for any help you can give me.
    onerealtor1
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Dec 30, 2012, 06:21 AM
    Here is a link to the manufacturer. As you stated, they are not manufacturing these frieplaces anymore, but they do still provide TECH. support. Check them out @

http://marcofireplace.net/

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas fireplaces that can be vented? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I have yet another question.. I am wondering if there exists a gas fireplace or something suitable that I can plum into my existing duct work. I have a goodman gas furnace right now, but its in small house and takes up a lot of space, so I am looking for options to free up some of the...

Two propane fireplaces carbon window [ 3 Answers ]

Our problem: We have had a Santa Fe propane fireplace for two years. We had recurring problems with the window sooting (or carboning?) up over a short period (1 or 2 days, oftentimes), to the degree that the stove would no longer light. We would clean the stove and the burner orifices and then...

Banned ventless fireplaces [ 12 Answers ]

Which states have banned ventless fireplaces?

Alcohol Gel Fireplaces [ 4 Answers ]

My new condo has no fireplace. I was considering a ventless gas fireplace, but read about dangers of CO and condensation problems. Does anyone know if the alcohol gel fireplaces have the same problems, or if they are cleaner burning and safer? Thanks.

Fireplaces [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, this whisky4 asking about what is the highest/and/or safest tempature that a chimeny in a 1924 house can handle,has no dampener,and was checked by chiminey sweep and was OK the back of the box has a slope to it,but I noticed that the bricks at the back appear to be worn off by the years of...

View more questions Search