Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Comeandgetme12 Posts: 99, Reputation: -5

Dec 26, 2012, 01:22 PM
    Nose problem
    Hi I'm jules and I don't have an esteem issue I just have a nose issue. My nose is medium big , and size really isn't the main issue , it's the smal hump a crookedness. The tip of my nose where my nostrils are are slightly ( it is noticeable ) to the right and when I smile it curves more to the right. This really bothers me. The bump, also known as a dorsal hump , if I look down you can see a the bones stiking up. If u look @ me from the sides , on my right side it is bigger & more noticeable. I wear glasses allways now but it doesn't hide it.I obviously can't get rhinoplasty but u found a self fixer called nasofix but my family said no cause they were afraid it would hurt my breathing or something even though it's guaranteed to work with no serious side effects or deformity. So I was wandering if there was something I could do myself to fix it or lessen the appearance. Hope someone can help thanks
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2012, 01:34 PM
    Why can't you get rihnoplasty? That's the only choice you have other than learning to love it.

THere are no do-it-yourself nose jobs... anything that is advertised as such is a pure scam.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 26, 2012, 01:41 PM
    How old are you? You may still be growing and changing, so any fixes now will be meaningless in five years. **Added*** I looked at older posts and see you are around 16. If I were you, I'd wait until my 20s to do anything. Like smoothy asked, why no rhinoplasty?

Dec 26, 2012, 01:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    How old are you? You may still be growing and changing, so any fixes now will be meaningless in five years.
    I'm 15 and its almost like its either gotten worse or perhaps I never cared about it until older
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 26, 2012, 01:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Comeandgetme12 View Post
    I'm 15 and its almost like its either gotten worse or perhaps I never cared about it until older
    We were both typing at the same time. Here's what I had ***Added*** I looked at older posts and see you are around 16. If I were you, I'd wait until my 20s to do anything. Like smoothy asked, why no rhinoplasty?

Dec 26, 2012, 01:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Why can't you get rihnoplasty? Thats the only choice you have other than learning to love it.

THere are no do-it-yourself nose jobs....anything that is advertised as such is a pure scam.
    I cannot get rhinoplasty because my family wouldn't let and there is no money for that and if there was they still wouldn't, I'm only 15. It will be a long time until I'm old enough to call my own shots and even then I'll have to have the money for it
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 26, 2012, 01:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Comeandgetme12 View Post
    I cannot get rhinoplasty because my family wouldn't let and there is no money for that and if there was they still wouldn't, I'm only 15. It will be a long time until I'm old enough to call my own shots and even then I'll have to have the money for it
    Wait until your face is fully formed -- in your 20s, and then you will have the health insurance and/or money to do any changing or improving.

Has anyone ever commented on your nose?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2012, 01:51 PM
    THen you learn to live with it because there is no magical kit that will change it... the shape of your nose is due to cartilage and bone under the skin... nothing short of surgery can change it for the better.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Dec 26, 2012, 01:52 PM
    Perhaps you are worrying about it too much? I know that people often pick something about themselves and it seems like such a big deal to them but to others it really doesn't matter. Maybe nobody else really cares. Have you seen Chelsea Peretti? She has an unusual nose and I think she's absolutely gorgeous. In fact, I have to say that I don't think she would be as pretty if she had a "normal" nose.

Maybe just wait it out for a few years and you might find that it isn't as big of a deal as you think it is.

Dec 26, 2012, 03:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    Perhaps you are worrying about it too much? I know that people often pick something about themselves and it seems like such a big deal to them but to others it really doesn't matter. Maybe nobody else really cares. Have you seen Chelsea Peretti? She has an unusual nose and I think she's absolutely gorgeous. In fact, I have to say that I don't think she would be as pretty if she had a "normal" nose.

Maybe just wait it out for a few years and you might find that it isn't as big of a deal as you think it is.
    Thank you I will Google her. Your very positive

Dec 26, 2012, 03:44 PM
    Wait until your face is fully formed -- in your 20s, and then you will have the health insurance and/or money to do any changing or improving.

Has anyone ever commented on your nose?
    yes, my own family member, It was 2-3 years ago and I was stAnding in the bathroom about to do something with the door open and I had poped my wrist out of habbit and she said " quit doing that! Your knows is already crooked!" that was when I looked at it and realised it. And a couple people in the mean time unrudely asked if it had ever been broken(no). And the same family member had has dropped other remarks about it like saying something sticks out farther in comparison to my nose when they are annoyed by me and yes it's an adult. And I never lash out about it like I want too lol
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 26, 2012, 03:54 PM
    Family members never have any "respect" for each other and love to make fun of each other's body parts. According to my sister, I had the fattest, ugliest thighs ever possessed by a teenage girl, so in turn I mocked her long curly hair that she couldn't manage when the weather was humid (mine was stick-straight, always laid flat, and gorgeous). Our brother breathed through his mouth and snored at night and suffered from the croup all winter, so we all smelled like Vicks Vapo-Rub because of the humidifier that ran constantly in his bedroom. Family love!

Dec 26, 2012, 04:41 PM
    Family members never have any "respect" for each other and love to make fun of each other's body parts. According to my sister, I had the fattest, ugliest thighs ever possessed by a teenage girl, so in turn I mocked her long curly hair that she couldn't manage when the weather was humid (mine was stick-straight, always laid flat, and gorgeous). Our brother breathed through his mouth and snored at night and suffered from the croup all winter, so we all smelled like Vicks Vapo-Rub because of the humidifier that ran constantly in his bedroom. Family love!
    I guess! Ur sister is an for saying that, I'de think of something tier to say if was just a sibling, cause well you don't have to be respectful of them lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bump on inside of nose from nose piercing [ 8 Answers ]

I have had my nose pierced for about two months now . It was pierced by the gun. I have heard that is bad. After 3 days I changed my nose pin. Then after one week I changed it again. After one month I had a big red blister outside my nose. I guess a blood blister? After popping it . The blister...

Blister on nose,size of silver dollar, nose res,hot swollen [ 5 Answers ]

Please help us. My husband 53 yrs old. Woke up 3 days ago with a Dark red, very hot to touch, swollen nose with a blister, the size of a silver dollar. It still hasn't broken and also the first day his cheeks were red and hot to touch. We have no insurance and he won't go out of the house. I have...

I am 14 & black , I have an oily nose. How do I get rid of my oily nose? [ 2 Answers ]

I am black, have an oily nose and have regular skin, how do I get rid of the problem of the oily nose?

Could my nose be the problem? [ 1 Answers ]

OK here's my question.ive alw Ys had a humpy nose,and never been bothered about it until now.im having a lot of problems when it comes to breathing the my nose.it always seems so stuffy,and I know that's not what it is.I even talk funny because of it! Or at least that's what I think the problem...

Nose [ 5 Answers ]

Really dislke my nose, its broken so I really dislike the shape more than the size. I was wondering what can help with this make up wise? And what make up would you recommend , how many shades darker and what brushes?

View more questions Search