Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2012, 09:23 AM
    Fried cooking
    Questions from the church members:
    After you fry up some potato pancakes. Do you turn off the electric burner
    And let the pan cool down. Or do you put it in the sink and run water over it
    Where it steams
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 26, 2012, 09:25 AM
    What is the cooking surface? -- Teflon, aluminum, stainless steel, cast iron, silicone, ceramic, glass?
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2012, 09:38 AM
    Teflon Pan
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 26, 2012, 10:09 AM
    Teflon, like most cookware, is best left to cool just a minute. I have seen pans warp slightly, losing their flatness on the bottom, and Teflon I believe is in danger of separating the bond with the metal under it. Many Teflon pans are not meant for very high heat as well.
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2012, 11:14 AM
    Very Good Advice
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 26, 2012, 01:23 PM
    Here's an interesting chat on a snopes messageboard about this very subject -- and it supports what joypulv says.

snopes.com: Cracking a frying pan with water.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 26, 2012, 03:05 PM
    I used the same set of Revere Ware stainless with copper bottoms for 40+ years. The skillet warped up slightly in the middle, and one of the pots warped slightly down. Now that I'm OLD I treated myself to 2 Calphalon skillets (used, ebay) (anodized aluminum) and 1 expensive non stick pan.
    I watched my mother use cheap Teflon that flaked off, a toxic material that has killed pet birds and is suspected of causing all sorts of medical problems. Of course she lived to be 87 and my dad 92, and I couldn't care less what I ingest as long as it tastes good. But I'm a little bit of a kitchen snob now.
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2012, 03:14 PM
    Very Interesting
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 26, 2012, 07:13 PM
    I've had this happen to me. My husband always puts the frying pans in the sink filled with water after use, and a few of mine have now warped to the point where they wobble while on the stove.
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2012, 04:08 AM
    So that is the problem in a nutshell. Very Good

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fried Filter? [ 4 Answers ]

Last night I was just sitting at home when the power went out. It was off for a good 4-5 hours. When it came back on the first thing I did was got to my room to set the filter back up. I started pouring water in it hoping to get it started, but nothing happened, it wasn't even making the noise. So...

A Fried PC ? Did I do it ? How to prevent it ? [ 3 Answers ]

My computer used to do this little thing where randonly it would turn off. I did a bunch of stuff (i.e. Reseat the heatsink, Apply new thermal paste, get new ram,etc.) which then lead me and several people across multiple boards to think my power supply was bad or dirty. Over the weekend I pulled...

Fried chicken [ 7 Answers ]

Anyone have a good fried chicken recipe? I'm looking for something that's full or flavor but also really easy to make (not a whole bunch of ingredients) Thanks! :)

Motherboard Fried? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an HP dv1000 notebook. I bought it last September, but the warranty is only a year, so it's no longer good, and HP wants 298.00 to fix the problem. So... I opened up my laptop the other day and turned it on and the blue indicator lights indicating power, and that the hard disk is...

Help I Think Something Has Been Fried [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Right My PC has been died. Right, a few days ago we tried to boot it up and it would come on, but the Hard drive would not boot. If it did boot then the computer would freeze up. Then one day it just stopped working. So we changed the power supply. Now the computer is getting power, the...

View more questions Search