Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    12345anand Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2012, 01:20 AM
    Accounts
    I am a student of a recognized professional institute. I have received a cash award on some achievement. What should be the journal entry and tax implication.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Dec 26, 2012, 06:33 AM
    It is probably considered to be an untaxed grant. Your best bet is to ask the giver of the award how it is treated tax-wise.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Entries for offsetting of accounts payable against accounts receivables [ 3 Answers ]

For example we have receivables and payables with the same customer... instead of collecting and paying we offset the receivables from the payables how do I make the debit and credit memos on the transactions

If a company has $49,800 in Accounts Payable, $117,375 in Accounts Receivable, $306,0 [ 1 Answers ]

If a company has $49,800 in Accounts Payable, $117,375 in Accounts Receivable, $306,000 in Cash and $7,500 in Supplies, what is the net income for this company? Explain answer.

Cash Conversion Cycle. Calculate the accounts receivable period, accounts payable per [ 1 Answers ]

Cash Conversion Cycle. Calculate the accounts receivable period, accounts payable period, Inventory period, and cash conversion cycle for the following firm: Income statement data: Sales 5,000 Cost of goods sold 4,200 Balance sheet data: Beginning of Year ...

Accounts for Par Value of Stock and Accounts for Paid in Capital [ 1 Answers ]

Why do we have one account for the Par Value of Stock that has been issued and another account for Paid in Capital? Any help I can get with this question will be greatly appreciated!:)

What is the difference between accounts payable and accounts receivable? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between accounts payable and accounts receivable?

View more questions Search