Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abitsassy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2012, 12:50 AM
    How to take care of ear piercings in the ear cartilage
    I just got my ears pierced in the upper area (cartilidge) and at first I just had a little pain but it was only sore to the touch. The second day it was tender to the touch a little red and sore, plus sleeping was a b-----, I am a side sleeper. I had my ears done with a gone at Claires and the lady was very helpful and answered all my questions. It has now been four days and my ears are red, swollen and tender. They don't hurt as much to the touch but they are tender and warm,no discharge and they do turn easily. I am 48 years old and I have always wanted to get this done especially since I sport a very spiky short cut. I just want to make sure what I am experiencing is normal. I did use an ice pack for a little while today and have taken some ibuprophen which has helped but I have to be careful with taking aspirin products do to the fact I take a blood thinner. Anyhow I don't regret it at all I just want to make sure I am doing everything right and what I am experiencing is normal. Thanks
    Caszoohouse Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2012, 03:33 PM
    It is very normal for a cartiladge piercing to hurt, swell, and be red. Try sleeping on the other side. Cartilage takes a long time to heal. This can last for two to three weeks. You don't need to turn the piercing. Try to touch it as little as possible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do ear cartilage piercings with a gun hurt [ 4 Answers ]

Hey can you guys tell me if I get my ear cartilage pierced with a gun will hurt? I was thinking about getting it done at claire's but I'm not sure if a needle will hurt more. Help me!!

3 reasons for ear piercings [ 5 Answers ]

OK so I'm almost 16, and I'm a guy. I'm a skater and I want to get both of my lobes pierced. My dad said that if I gave him 3 decent reasons to why he should let me get my ears pierced he would think about it. I already asked him if he had three in one ear when he was younger why can't I. he says...

Do ear cartilage piercings with a gun hurt [ 4 Answers ]

Hey I need to know!!

Ear Cartilage Piercings [ 12 Answers ]

Hello Everyone! Im 14 and want to get my ear cartilage pierced, I want 2 on each ear. I already have had my ear lobes done when I was like 6 or 7 but now I was some higher up~! The thing is, my mom kind of refuses at the idea, but she says ifI prove her wrong at a few things then she may think...

View more questions Search