Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Dec 26, 2012, 02:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelle belle View Post
    ... there is no way I didn't steal any ...
    So you did steal some of it?
    Expert

Dec 26, 2012, 02:07 PM
    What is the definition of grand larceny and ... ?
    Illinois doesn't appear to use the term "grand larceny":

720 ILCS 5/ Criminal Code of 1961.
    Chelle belle Posts: 44, Reputation: 0

Dec 26, 2012, 03:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    So you did steal some of it?
    No I don't steal all of it was bought some were gifts it is Christmas time

Dec 26, 2012, 03:58 PM
    I just don't understand all of this I really don't can someone explain without saying negative things towards me
    Expert

Dec 26, 2012, 04:05 PM
    I just don't understand all of this I really don't can someone explain without saying negative things towards me
    It's so hard to figure out what you are trying to say. You are writing the negative things about yourself. For example, "... there is no way I didn't steal any ..." means you are telling us that the statement "I didn't steal any" is not true. Your next statement, "I don't steal all of it " is what's called a "negative pregnant", suggesting that you did steal some if it.

So perhaps you had better carefully start over, write what you are trying to get across, proof read it, and then post it.

Dec 26, 2012, 04:15 PM
    Ok on dec5 2012 my friend male of 4 years offered to help me due to hard times he took me shopping at several stores Walmart s target etc as well as he was doing his shopping he told me I need you to pay me back though I said OK so we got a notorized letter stating I owe him this money back civil agreement I thought he told me that he didn't want his girlfriend to find out apparently she did on the 11th of dec the police kicked my door in taking the items I bought with him they had a search warrant for those items stating they were investigating theft by deception once in my house they called and sent a officer in for another search warrant for my items that had nothing to do with what he bought some items were new some weren't my lawyer said it was unconstitutional so now I feel like I'm sitting waiting for them to arrest me my lawyer said ill get your stuff back they the cops said the stuff is evidence I'm so confused

Dec 26, 2012, 04:18 PM
    They kick my door in and didn't arrest me they said they are still investigating this was just a part of the investigation we signed a notorized letter how is this right
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 26, 2012, 04:40 PM
    AK lawyer, I believe that OP is just failing to punctuate, and it's reading all wrong.
    'No I don't steal all of it was bought some were gifts it is Christmas time'
    S/B 'No I don't steal. All of it was bought. Some were gifts. It is Christmas time.'

OK, you have said countless times that it was unfair especially to take YOUR items that weren't on their list. Since we can't figure out any of this in terms of what is usual, or even unusual, it's impossible to give advice. In fact, there are still countless questions. One in my mind is why you told him you were in need of all the purchases he paid for, when your place was full of brand new purchases. And they apparently weren't for anyone else. They were for you. It's tempting to think you either have plenty of money and didn't need to borrow, OR you do this routinely to other people. And maybe that's what his girlfriend knew about you.
    But that's just me wondering, not legal advice. You STILL haven't said how much this all added up to! Or what date you were supposed to pay it back!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 26, 2012, 05:43 PM
    Your hire a civil rights attorney, Ill has a rules for search warrants, they do not issue NO KNOCK warrants for searches unless there is a very high event that the person is extremely dangerous.

Next if they found items that were reported stolen, they have the right to take those and hold them as evidence till either trial or case is dismissed.

If stolen items were found, they may then also compare other items in the home to other reports of thief in the area. If other items in the home appear to be stolen, they may be held also.

The search warrant will list exactly what they are allowed to look for, and even where they may look. If it lists TV, then no place a TV will not fit can legally be opened.

So anything found in smaller places can get thrown out in court.

Only an attorney can get your "things" back at this point, and your letter signed by your friend will be part of the evidence you will need to show.

1. How do you know this friend?
    2. was it his credit card that was used or a stolen credit card from someone else?
    3. when was it suppose to be paid back?
    4. Do you have a known criminal history for theft and/or drugs
    5. Did the police knock and you refuse to open the door ?

Dec 26, 2012, 06:02 PM
    It was his card and he wrote a couple checks @ joypulv I have two kids OK for your info I personally don't care what you think OK the items they took were my shoes in boxes clothes perfume petty no electronics and nothing was stolen I don't steal period I keep my things nice after I wear my shoes I put them back In the box they just violated my rights this is crazy

Dec 26, 2012, 06:05 PM
    I have a history of fighting when I was younger couple agg battery and possession of firearm without a gun card 16 years ago
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 26, 2012, 06:31 PM
    I have no interest in dumping on you. You were being unusually tight with history and present events for someone who wants help. You don't think the prosecutor is going to be much more accusing? I'm trying to think of what they are thinking and how the police got away (so far) with what they did.
    If you have a felony record for the gun and these items add up to felony amounts, then I guess that might be why they got a warrant and spent all day in your place. It still seems so far fetched, but maybe that's what Oswego is like. (I see that Oswego made CNNMoney's top 100 places to live. And that the population doubled in a few years. Trying to see what the police are like there.)

Dec 26, 2012, 07:07 PM
    Yea I understand they don't like my family name truthfully speaking but that should have nothing to do with this I just feel like they took my but didn't arrest me but they're still investigating and there probably going to charge me with something but I don't know this is stressful over a loan that I never wish I would have gotten

Dec 26, 2012, 10:11 PM
    So what do you think guys they're going to charge me off his word

Dec 26, 2012, 10:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    I have no interest in dumping on you. You were being unusually tight with history and present events for someone who wants help. You don't think the prosecutor is going to be much more accusing? I'm trying to think of what they are thinking and how the police got away (so far) with what they did.
    If you have a felony record for the gun and these items add up to felony amounts, then I guess that might be why they got a warrant and spent all day in your place. It still seems so far fetched, but maybe that's what Oswego is like. (I see that Oswego made CNNMoney's top 100 places to live. And that the population doubled in a few years. Trying to see what the police are like there.)
    I agree with you this is very far fetched I still can't believe it happened

Dec 27, 2012, 11:47 AM
    To get an indictment which I hear is hard to prove in a case like this what proof do they have to show the state

Dec 27, 2012, 11:48 AM
    Also reading over my search warrant it says they are to take items and things nothing listed specifically

Dec 27, 2012, 11:50 AM
    My lawyer told me he will get my things back but how long do I have to wait they took all my shoes clothes etc they just did the most I'm sick does my lawyer have to file a motion I feel like we're just sitting can someone help please
    Expert

Dec 27, 2012, 12:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv;
    AK lawyer, I believe that OP is just failing to punctuate, and it's reading all wrong.
    Evidently the use of periods is against OP's religion. But failure to do so makes the writing hopelessly ambigious. Oh well. :(

Dec 27, 2012, 01:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    Evidently the use of periods is against OP's religion. But failure to do so makes the writing hopelessly ambigious. Oh well. :(
    ??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is this theft by deception? [ 4 Answers ]

I was at an auction and purchased many old pepsi crates for $6 each. Before leaving I asked the clerk if I could purchase one last coca-cola crate with bottles in it and pointed at the crate. She asked how much I had paid for the other crates and I told her $6, so she said okay. When I got home she...

Is this theft by deception? [ 4 Answers ]

My sister had me to put money from our mom's death in her bank account and she gambled it away this was in 2007 we live in Louisville Ky.

Theft by deception [ 4 Answers ]

I had a business,I had several ontracts and deposits,but do to several reasons I was unable to do the work.now two years have passed and I got a call from a detective tha he was about to file criminal charges,is he able to still file charges sine its been two years/

16 year old charged with 3rd degree theft, theft by deception, and forgery what will [ 2 Answers ]

I was charged with 3rd degree theft, theft by deception, and forgery for finding a debit card and buying 3 items in Bridgewater Commons Mall New Jersey that I believe came up to $300 I used credit and had to sigh the receipt I didn't use my name but the name on the card. I was brought to the police...

View more questions Search