Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    islalynch Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2012, 12:25 AM
    Birthing cat
    My cat is young and has had 1 kitten. The kitten seems fine and healthy, as does her mum. How would I find out if there are any other kittens other than taking her to the vet, the only appointment I could get is a couple of days away and I do want to know if anything serious has gone wrong so I can get help if needed. It's been about 12 hours since she gave birth and I've recently noticed a bit of blood and she smells quite bad. Please help! Thanks
    islalynch Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2012, 12:32 AM
    I think the bit of blood was actually discharge as I've just read it could be reddish/brownish in colour?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 25, 2012, 12:35 AM
    Is there an emergency number at the vet's or even an emergency clinic?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 25, 2012, 12:35 AM
    Please be patient. Since it is Christmas Eve/Day in most of the world, and this is a global website, it could take a couple of days to get a proper answer. Understand that we are all volunteers here.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2012, 06:58 PM
    Any type of odor is a bad sign.. and specific types of discharge need to be noted because different types of discharge can mean different things.

I hope by now you have gotten her into the vet. Although its very common for a first time mom to have one baby, without actually knowing what she was expected to have, its better to be safe than sorry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cat birthing complication [ 2 Answers ]

My cat gave birth to her first kitten early Wednesday morning and has showed no signs of further larbor she is eating and nursing but I fear she may still have babies inside... what should I do? Thanks...

My cat birthing kittens [ 1 Answers ]

My cat is a first time mom she had given birth to 4 kittens on Thursday at 347pm one did not survive. My husband woke me up at 337 sat morning to see her giving birth again to one more which he said was alive but by the time I got out to the kitchen it was not moving . Should I be expecting...

Chihuahua in trouble birthing [ 3 Answers ]

She had a dead baby yesterday. She seems to still be pregnant how long does it take to have to puppies my neighbor says sometimes a day is this true or will my dog die because the other puppie did not come out or could there have been just one? She is still big Sixkidshavei

Kitten won't come out all the way, what do I do? Birthing complication [ 3 Answers ]

My cat had 3 kittens last night starting at 4:00pm. She just started to give birth to a 4th kitten that is not alive and she hasn't pushed the baby all the way out for over an hour. How do I help her to get the baby out without killing my cat? I have no money and cannot go to a clinic for help.

Dashound birthing help [ 2 Answers ]

Our dashound is having her babies right now .Sack came part way out with baby, she broke the sack and baby went back in what should I do or will baby come back out

View more questions Search