Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crow12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2012, 03:41 PM
    Small business checking exempt from garnishment?
    Is my small business checking account exempt from garinshment?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 24, 2012, 04:23 PM
    There is no way we can answer that without knowing the structure of your business, whether a judgment was issued and what the judgment was for. Also ANY question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 24, 2012, 08:02 PM
    Where is this at, different laws in England then in France, and US different than there.

Also what type of judgement to get the garnishment
    What type of small business.

In the US, if the business is not incorporated, then it is just part of the property of the owner and yes that money can be garnished.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What funds are exempt from garnishment? [ 3 Answers ]

My bank account was frozen pending garnishment from a debt collector today. The only funds in the accont were proceeds from my husbands federal student loans. Are these funds exempt in AL? What can I do to get them back?

Business checking account garnishment [ 1 Answers ]

I have a small business in Texas, sole proprietorship, that I have just received a notice that my business checking account has been frozen via Notice of Receiver and Order of Freezing of Bank Account. I had originally agreed to a payment plan earlier this year. The total mount owed was...

Checking acct garnishment [ 3 Answers ]

I live in the state of Mo. I have a garnishment/hold on my checking account. I am trying to figure out if they can take my child support that is directly deposited into my account. Would anyone know how true that is?

Bank garnishment of small business account [ 10 Answers ]

I'm a barely surviving small retail business owner with a bank garnishment on my business account for personal consumer debts incurred before I had this business. How am I supposed to stay in business if I can't take credit cards or pay my vendors? Can another account be opened in another bank?...

View more questions Search