Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allinone Posts: 76, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2012, 09:29 PM
    Self-employment deductions
    Is possible to read somewhere how much can I deduct from taxes for using phone, internet, gas, office supplies, etc.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 23, 2012, 11:54 PM
    A simple Yahoo or Google web search will give you dozens of sites, including the IRS publicaton.

They have all of them blocked for me here in China (welcome to monitored internet) but it is easy to find.

Next are they just for business, you can not use your personal cell phone for business and deduct it, you have to have a business phone, and normally a personal phone, That is the reason you see so many people with two cell phones,
    Same with other costs, are they just for your business or are they personal bills and personal use that you sometimes use for busienss
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Dec 24, 2012, 06:37 AM
    I agree with Fr Chuck.

If you are looking for business deductions, your best bet is to get professional tax help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Employment Restrictions on Employment Authorization Card [ 0 Answers ]

I am in the process AOS (I485) under Eb3 from India. My Priority date is Dec 2002. I have been working on a Federal Project as a contractor on my EAD. 2 days ago, they let me go for the reason that the project became high risk, and only US citizens and GC holders are only allowed. I am planning to...

Why would I need to pay self employment tax on employment settlement [ 1 Answers ]

My original question was regarding 1099 misc I can't find any informaiton regarding the rational of paying self employment tax on settlement when I was an employee of this company I found this documentation on a site regarding self employment. Also how can I determine what the award is replacing. ...

Itemized deductions Vs. Std. Deductions [ 7 Answers ]

Hi Tax Experts, Can some one please explain the difference between itemized deductions Vs. Std. deductions and how this will affect the returns when you are in OPT Please Advice.

On OPT should I use itemized deductions or std. Deductions [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I am currently on F1 visa( 2003-today) more than 5 years ( Tax Resident) Will transfer to OPT Since JAN 2009, 1) When filling taxes should I use itemized deductions or Std. deductions 2) Do I pay for Social and Medicare taxes 3) Will I qualify for $ 5000 std. deductions

View more questions Search