Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    khadka Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2007, 11:20 AM
    Computer restarts by itself and does not open deskstop
    I have a desktop computer and have Windows XP professional. When I start my computer it starts OK and as soon as it goes to window opening page and it seems like it is processing but after a while it reboots again, without getting the Desktop window.

It happens again and again.

I do not know, what is the problem

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 15, 2007, 11:21 AM
    Try booting to Safe Mode and running Disk Repair, Defrag and A/V under Safe mode.
    hadi88 Posts: 59, Reputation: 5

Mar 16, 2007, 08:21 AM
    Agree with scott, it needs to be reimaged.

hadi88
    amtamt Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Mar 20, 2007, 09:43 PM
    Are you sure your using antivirus software. Some virus soft ware are capable to reset the computer by itself. Check your virus defination is out of date or up to date. I think it is a virus ploblem.
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2007, 03:55 AM
    I had this problem, sorted it out with booting of XP cd (set this in bios) and running windows repair. It was fine after this.

Any blue screen at all? Could be a RAM issue or corrupt registry/system32 etc. If you cannot run safe mode, boot of XP cd and run a windows repair.
    amtamt Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Mar 27, 2007, 02:31 AM
    Sure! Your Problem is RAM issue. I had this problem due to spike voltage. If your computer contain more than one RAM, You can test the bad RAM by removing other RAM (inserting single RAM). Good Luck friend.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Personal computer as sole computer at work [ 1 Answers ]

I work for a non-profit which has a very low (almost non-existant) budget. When I started work, I agreed to use my personal laptop, which I had purchased about 2 years prior, as my work computer because they could not afford to provide the equipment I needed to do my job (marketing, PR, web...

Not able to open webpage [ 3 Answers ]

I want to register online for GRE.but when I click 'i agree',the next webpage doesn't open & I get this message: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The page cannot be displayed The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site...

I can't open 'Internet Explorer', 'My Computer' or 'My Folders' [ 2 Answers ]

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 8:28:39 PM, on 6/6/2006 Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180) Running processes: D:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe D:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe D:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe...

Direct computer to computer connection via Ethernet ports [ 1 Answers ]

I should like to connect two Windows XP computers via Gigabit ethernet ports. What a software is necessary To ensure the possibility to use one of the PCs as a terminal of another With sharing HDDs ets?

Newly built computer for sale! Powerful Computer! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a computer for sale, here are the specs: DFI Landparty NF4 SLI-DR Motherboard AMD64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ Processor 1GB of Corsair XMS Dual Channel RAM Aspire X-Cruiser Silver Case 550 Watt Antec True Power Power Supply 7800GTX 256MB DDR3 Graphics Card with SLI enabled 300GB Maxtor...

View more questions Search