Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Johnt788 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2012, 06:39 AM
    Corrupt management team
    Most recently I was place on a board as a director, to make a long story short, for the past 8 months we have found big problems from within. From the CEO, management and company lawyer. We have had several conflicts at board meetings and I have managed to spearhead an internal audit, which will be om meaning soon. The corrupt management team has forwarded a Cease and Desist letter to me claiming that I am talking outside the board and being very disruptive. It is not true! They are attacking me because I am on to something very big that could devastate them. They also went as far as requesting a resignation from me, which was not voted on by the board. Forgot to mention that the board consist of 5 people and 3 ( including myself) are doing all the inquiries but yet they served me. I am. I am a shareholder and Board member that represents aproximatly 42 shareholders! What hold I do?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 23, 2012, 06:49 AM
    Hire your own lawyer to represent you.

A letter is just a warning, so they want you to stop ? So what if you are not breaking any laws and any corporation rules, you don't have to stop do you ?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Dec 24, 2012, 01:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnt788;
    The corrupt management team has forwarded a Cease and Desist letter to me claiming that I am talking outside the board and being very disruptive. It is not true!
    Even if it were true, there's nothing wrong with that.

As Fr_Chuck has written, a cease and desist letter means nothing, other than to communicate the attitude of those who wrote it.

It appears that you are doing what you, as a board member, should be doing: looking into things, rather than merely being a rubber stamp.

It is true that generally a board member does not act individually. The board acts by a majority vote. But looking into things and communicating with your fellow board members is perfectly OK.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Management team [ 3 Answers ]

What type of managemant team does one need in an events and conference centre? By this I mean, what kind of staffing does one need?

Presentation to the top management team [ 1 Answers ]

Dear all, The project I am doing for my company is fairly significant that it involves reporting directly to the top management of my current Region ( first time in my life). I have done some presentations to different groups at school ( I was totally fine with doing it in front of hundreds...

View more questions Search