Jzindash Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2012, 07:22 PM
    Moss on roof
    What's a good home remedy for moss / mold on a shingle roof
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 22, 2012, 07:26 PM
    What type of shingle,
    How old are the shingles, what type of condition are then in.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 22, 2012, 07:55 PM
    Why are you asking for a home remedy, there are many good products out there. Fill a hose end garden sprayer with bleach, set it for a 1:2 mix and spray the roof from the ground. Best to prevent moss by installing a zinc stripee at the very ridge of your roof line. The rain will wash very small amounts of zinc down the roof preventing future growth. ZincShield zinc strips & LiquidZinc chemical stop & prevent roof stains from algae, fungus, mildew, mold, moss

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Green moss outside [ 1 Answers ]

Can moss give my dog ringworm

Moss on roof [ 1 Answers ]

There is moss growing on a shaded area of the asphalt shingles of my unattached garage. I have heard of a solution that can be mixed that when applied not only cleans the moss off the shingles, but also inhibits it's growth in the future.Does anyone have the recipe?

Moss in grass [ 1 Answers ]

I have some moss growing in the grass in my back yard. The yard is on the eastern side of the house and has trees on one side. It does get sun during the day until the early afternoon. It has been airrated. The moss is starting to create bald patches in the grass. What can I do to get the...

View more questions Search