Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moonriver92 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2012, 12:07 PM
    I applied for a Green Card but still don't know my last interview date. Can I leave ?
    I did my finger prints, got my work permit and a SSN. I start university in January and they took me as a pending resident. I have a tourist visa for 10 years. I just want to leave for 7 days, will I have a problem on the way back. Thank you very much for your time.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 22, 2012, 12:12 PM
    What country are you from, or what passport do you hold ?

Dec 22, 2012, 12:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    What country are you from, or what passport do you hold ?
    I am from morocco, and I forgot to add that my I-94 expired in mid July. So I did not stay more than 180 days after its expiration.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 22, 2012, 12:22 PM
    If you held a valid passport from UK or Canada I would say you would not have a problem getting back into the US, but since is it another Euro country, then no, I wouldn't chance leaving and trying to get back in without the proper paperwork. Please call US immigration to validate this question and inquire about the proper paperwork if you want to travel outside US. Every case is different and we don't know all of your circumstances.

Dec 22, 2012, 12:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    If you held a valid passport from UK or Canada I would say you would not have a problem getting back into the US, but since is it Morroco, then no, i wouldnt chance leaving and trying to get back in without the proper paperwork. Please call US immigration to validate this question and inquire about the proper paperwork if you want to travel outside US. Every case is different and we dont all of your circumstances.
    Thank you very much, I will take in consideration these informations then. Have a great day/evening.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Dec 22, 2012, 10:11 PM
    You must file for advance parole and get approval before you leave US. Without this travel document, you won't be able to return.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

For green card interview [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone answer? If the husband doesn't want to go on first interview,what can I do?

Getting a divorce before 1st interview of marriage based green card interview [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm living in america since 2003 decemeber, 1st I had a f1 then I transfer to h1b and now I'm on marriage based green card status, I'm getting a divorce to my wife and my interview 1st interview is due in a week ,what's going to happen to my status after that I have no criminal record no bad...

Green card interview [ 1 Answers ]

HI I HAVE LIVED IN CANADA Between 2005 AND 2007. 2005-2006 : STUDİYİNG FOR ENGLİSH PROFİCENY TEST (TOEFL),Passed the test and applıed to the unıversity of toronto bachelors of arts ın Economıcs. 2006-2007: ı started studying at the university of toronto but in 2006 November ı quit studying...

Green Card Interview [ 6 Answers ]

I just found this web site so hopefully someone can answer my questions and help out. I came to the US as a F1 student. I met my Husband in one of my clases. We got married last year in July. Being newly weds we didn't have the money to file right away. I took my vacation time during the summer...

Green card interview [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am having my green card interview in June 2007. What should I expect? How long is the interview. We are truly married and very happy. But we are anxious about this. He is citizen I am German. Could you please advise us Kilda IL

View more questions Search