Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lordwispa Posts: 77, Reputation: 2

Dec 22, 2012, 03:48 AM
    How much converted dextrose?
    I've been making alcohol washes using a yeast that requires 10 1/2 Kilos of Dextrose. Dextrose is quite expensive so I've been converting white sugar into dextrose by boiling with cream of tarter but because the product is mixed with water I can't weigh the dextrose. I have tried using all the 10 1/2 kilos Of converted sugar in a wash but it kills the yeast and the brew stops. From what I can find Dextrose is stronger by weight than Sucrose. So my question is how much Dextrose does 1 Kilo of Sucrose convert to?

Check out some similar questions!

How much dextrose does 1 kilo of sugar convert to? [ 0 Answers ]

I can't seem to find the home brew section so I'll post here instead. My brew requires 10.5 kilos of dextrose, I use sucrose and convert it to dextrose but when converted is in solution. I know dextrose is meant to react differently by weight with yeast. How much dextrose does one kilo of sucrose...

Converted muslim [ 1 Answers ]

Aslmwlkum, I am a converted muslim and I loves lsam by heart and following islam since last 10 years with Roza and Namaz,my parents don't have any problem,they are hindu Brahmin by cast but they wants when they died their funeral with hindu rules (like chita jalana) by me because I am the only...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.