Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Selfishtwirl Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2012, 03:41 AM
    Im in love with a dead person
    I met this guy(nick)and things were going really well, we're talking and laughing we were perfect, he was perfect. We were in love. But then he told me he had got diagnosed with cancer 3months ago and his family and I were the only ones who knew. The doctors had found the cancer too late and he knew he was going to die, but I didn't think it would be so sudden... I was talking to his cousin through twitter as I was away visiting family when I asked how nick was and he replied with '... didnt you hear..? ' And that was the moment I knew he had died and no one bothered to tell me until 3 days after I was angry at everyone, I stopped talking to people, eating, locked myself in my room at weekends. I couldn't get to the funeral but nicks other cousin came from italy to it, and he was trying to comfort me over twitter, but then he told me that he loved me... And I have a new boyfriend now who I love too but I can't stop thinking about nick... I was watching titanic last night and it kept reminded me of nick and what he would have done for me vis-versa. I really need help I don't know what to do..
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 22, 2012, 04:37 AM
    You may have a tear or cry for 40 years at a certain song, or memory, I still do over Susan who has been gone well over 20 years.

The issue is that have you really move don and properly dealt with the grief.
    Is the past upseting the new boyfriend and can you really love him properly ?

Perhaps counseling and then even couples counseling to deal with moving on to the future
    Selfishtwirl Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2012, 05:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    You may have a tear or cry for 40 years at a certain song, or memory, I still do over Susan who has been gone well over 20 years.
    The issue is that have you really move don and properly dealt with the grief.
    is the past upseting the new boyfriend and can you really love him properly ?

Perhaps counseling and then even couples counseling to deal with moving on to the future
    I'm still a teenager... I don't exactly want to go to counselling and my current boyfriend doesn't know about nick or jj(his cousin) because it was a long distance thing I lived in one half of the country he lived at the other. I don't want to tell my current boyfriend and the one person I thought I could trust and tell everything to told everyone else so I can't talk to her anymore, the only person I can talk to is jj and he says he's in love with me which just makes even more harder...
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 22, 2012, 06:17 AM
    I suspect that a lot of why you can't stop thinking about him is guilt over not being there when he died. You need to separate that from missing him. Guilt goes on and on, while sadness over losing someone heals.
    Please don't be angry at people for not telling you - that is very selfish and self centered. They are family and have a right to think about themselves, especially when most of them didn't even know he was dying! I would apologize to all of them.
    I would also not jump into new boyfriends right away. All that does is hurt you and hurt them because they are sort of second fiddle while you sort out your feelings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Person will not move out of dead grandmothers home [ 3 Answers ]

Grandma passed on a few days ago. Left house to both children but a friend of a friends housekeeper had been staying there for several months as my grandma was needing companionship and help cleaning. During the last few months family was coming to help with hospice in and out as well. The friend...

I'm a fake person but I'm in love with a real person [ 4 Answers ]

Hey I want this guy so I want to go with him but he hates me so I kind of just made up a little fake person and pretended to be real. He liked me and we went out and I got what I wanted but every time I think we should I jut don't have the heart 2 do it. We have been going out 4 about 2months he's...

EVICT person fromliving in my dead Grandmas Californiahouse.. [ 6 Answers ]

My Grandma who is OWNER of house in CALIFORNIA is dead. She left a trust stating her House to be sold & money divided equally and Given to my Aunt and. My Mother. My Mother Died 8 months ago. My Aunt is alive. The house Has NOT been sold and now has my Mothers "boyfriends son" living in it...

How do you remove a dead person from a deed [ 3 Answers ]

How do you remove a dead person from a deed

How to remove a dead person from a deed [ 5 Answers ]

My mother in law and her deceased boyfriend's name is on the house deed. She wants to have his name remove. What does she needs to do?

View more questions Search