Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SmilingInside Posts: 182, Reputation: 3

Dec 21, 2012, 09:49 PM
    An 'E' flashed on my dash. Why?
    I have a 2000 Lincoln LS with no issues. I was driving along and in the LED on my dash where it indicates what gear I'm in (P,R,N,D etc), an 'E' flashed for a second. I was in D, going about 40 at an even pace, flat terrain, didn't hit a bump or anything. I've never seen this happen before and I'm wondering if it meant anything or if it was just some random glitch?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Dec 22, 2012, 07:31 AM
    A quick Google search turned this up:

The transmission "E" beep - Lincoln vs Cadillac
    SmilingInside Posts: 182, Reputation: 3

Dec 22, 2012, 11:16 AM
    Thanks! I tried to Google it myself but I had no clue what terms to use so I found nothing!

(I tried to give you a thumbs up but I wasn't allowed to!)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The power to the house flashed and now my hunter thermostat has no power [ 1 Answers ]

We had a storm, and the power flashed to the house. It was only off a few seconds, then everything was normal. I felt the temperature rising in the house, and checked the thermostat. It was blank, so I replaced the batteries and still nothing. It is a Hunter programmable about 11 years old. Any...

My Honda accord 2009 's dash flashed a yellow triangle [ 2 Answers ]

I was driving in a blizzard tonight with the roads very icy and snowy. I was going up an incline and it felt as if I was losing power and some control. At this time a yellow small triangle on my dash started flashing with an exclamation mark inside of it. What does this symbol indicate? I...

Dash wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1973 D300 Dodge. The plug on back of the insterment cluster was removed so I need to know how the wires go on the ten plugs by order

Lights on dash [ 1 Answers ]

Check engine light keeps coming on?

View more questions Search