Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nasar Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Mar 15, 2007, 10:10 AM
    Un scientific remarks in quran
    Satellite pictures proved sun is not moving, standing and lighting . But quran says sun is moving on its certain path . Why quran says and stands on this type of unscientific remarks - by Nasar .
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2007, 10:21 AM
    The sun IS moving. Moving through the universe. There are no satellite pictures that prove the sun is not moving.

Remember too that the Qu'ran is not meant to be a science book.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2007, 10:26 AM
    I agree with both of Rick's points. The Qur'an and the Bible are about the creator, not the creation. If I want to know about the universe, I read the National Geographic.

Mar 15, 2007, 08:40 PM
    WHEN I saw bbc news channel 4 years back the time when mars historical coming near to earth bbc shows a picture for explanation . On that picture sun is standing there , and all other planets rounding sun.

Mar 16, 2007, 02:59 AM
    Scientifically acclaimed truth is that sun is not moving . There is no solid items in sun . It is a hydrogen planet . How does hydrogen can move .sun is the centre planet in solar system . Other planets are rounding sun . It is true a feeling of sunmoving , it is because of this feeling created from the movement of earth around the sun . Example travelling in train we can see people, trees, homes, ground, are running back . But that is only a feeling, just a feeling.earth turns in its rotation creating negative feeling .
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 16, 2007, 03:02 AM
    Scientifically acclaimed truth is that sun is not moving .
    Nasar, please post your sources to back up this claim.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2007, 03:23 AM
    Oh deary me, what a mess we have here.

The sun IS moving, VERY fast. It's revolving about the center of the milky way galaxy at the speed of 150 miles per second. The milky way galaxy is revolving around the center of the universe at a similarly ridiculous speed. The universe is expanding at a huge rate, with each point in space moving away from each other at another ridiculous speed.

However, It's much easier to think about the movements of the planets if you ignore this motion. Because the planet's movements are more easily characterised by their orbits around the sun. The BBC shows the sun not moving, because they are using a reference frame where the solar system's center of mass is stationary, If they showed the real movements of the universe, everyone would be confused.

Most people aren't interested about the sun orbiting around the galaxy, because the most reachable things are the planets around us.

However, I do believe that the quran would be talking about the apparent motion of the sun due to earth's orbit and spin, this is because a long time ago it was believed that the Earth was the center of the universe. In our local solar system's frame of reference, the sun moves very little.

Mar 16, 2007, 05:16 AM
    I am very sorry of this question.I with draw this question.-nasar
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2007, 05:17 AM
    Don't do that! I'ts great that you are questioning your own knowledge and want to learn more!
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2007, 05:20 AM
    Absolutely, nasir. You should not be sorry. Education is what we are all about here ;)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 16, 2007, 05:38 AM
    Gosh, just think I thought I was just sitting here watching morning news and drinking coffee but I am really shooting though the universe, rotating around the sun, and the earth rotating around its axis.

I wonder just how fast I am moving just sitting here, gosh I am tired from going so fast, think I will take a nap
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2007, 05:40 AM
    Sort of makes yer head spin, huh? :p
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2007, 06:33 AM
    The earth goes around the sun at 30km per second on its own :)
    Nosnosna Posts: 434, Reputation: 103

Mar 16, 2007, 07:08 AM
    In addition to the issues of perspective brought up by others, there's a matter of the religious intent as well. I'm not an Imam (or even a Muslim), but my interpretation is this:

When the Qu'Ran speaks of the Sun moving, the importance is the passage of time, not the movement of the Sun itself. The verses which speak as you mention are all concerned with how Allah has put the Sun and Moon into their courses, where they will remain until the appointed time. This speaks, to my interpretation anyway, to a period where the world is as it is now, with the passage of time in the way we understand it, followed by a period in which time does not pass as it does now.
    leilaa111 Posts: 65, Reputation: 5

Jun 1, 2007, 06:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nasar
    Satellite pictures proved sun is not moving, standing and lighting . but quran says sun is moving on its certain path . why quran says and stands on this type of unscientific remarks - by Nasar .
    Well the sun does move so does earth so do all the other planets so the quaran was right everything u see in this earth its already been written in the quaran and sceintists even proved that the quaran is teaching them things about the earth the sun the moon the stars everything even about us humans everything u want the quaran has try reading the quaran so u can get a beter veiw on what the quaran is and then test it with the world we r living with 2 day thanku
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Jun 1, 2007, 08:13 AM
    This thread reminds me of the start of a Malcolm in the Middle episode where Malcolm, Dewey and Reese are all sat on the sofa and Malcolm explain this same thing to the other two.

There's a slight pause

Reese looks REALLY frightened and grips onto the sofa

Dewey just goes "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

I laughed SO hard!
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2007, 10:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosnosna
    In addition to the issues of perspective brought up by others, there's a matter of the religious intent as well. I'm not an Imam (or even a Muslim), but my interpretation is this:

When the Qu'Ran speaks of the Sun moving, the importance is the passage of time, not the movement of the Sun itself. The verses which speak as you mention are all concerned with how Allah has put the Sun and Moon into their courses, where they will remain until the appointed time. This speaks, to my interpretation anyway, to a period of time where the world is as it is now, with the passage of time in the way we understand it, followed by a period in which time does not pass as it does now.
    I would like to also add that Allah (Swt) revealed the following verses in the Quran.

Surah/Chapter 036 ayat/verse040
    "It is not permitted to the Sun to catch up the Moon, nor can the Night outstrip the Day: Each (just) swims along in (its own) orbit (according to Law)."

Surah 010 ayat 005
    " It is He Who made the sun to be a shining glory and the moon to be a light (of beauty), and measured out stages for her; that ye might know the number of years and the count (of time). Nowise did Allah create this but in truth and righteousness. (Thus) doth He explain His Signs in detail, for those who understand."

Surah 013 ayat 002
    "Allah is He Who raised the heavens without any pillars that ye can see; is firmly established on the throne (of authority); He has subjected the sun and the moon (to his Law)! Each one runs (its course) for a term appointed. He doth regulate all affairs, explaining the signs in detail, that ye may believe with certainty in the meeting with your Lord."

Surah 021 ayat 033
    "It is He Who created the Night and the Day, and the sun and the moon: all (the celestial bodies) swim along, each in its rounded course."

:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Scientific research [ 2 Answers ]

What is scientific research or Assumptions in scientific method

Scientific inquiry [ 1 Answers ]

Can I get some examples of saturated solutions?

How Do You Do Scientific Notation? [ 3 Answers ]

HELP! I don't know how to do this scientific notation stuff. Look, I AM NOT searching on this thing for ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS. I am searching this place for GUIDANCE with these questions. Just PLEASE tell me how you do this and how you get all these stinkin' zeroes! Here's the things that are...

Scientific inquiry [ 1 Answers ]

Can I get a topic to do scientific inquiry? (like which one has more heat capacity aluminum bar or aluminum foil?) comparison between two things

Negative Remarks on credit report [ 4 Answers ]

I recently paid off and/or settled several credit card accounts that were in collections. There is a $0 balance reflected on my credit report but I am wondering if it's possible to have all of the negative remarks removed to improve my score. I've gone through the credit bureaus and submitted...

View more questions Search