Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chaow Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2012, 11:56 AM
    Female with chest hair
    I'm a 16 years old girl... Since last year(When I was 15)... I noticed that hair started growing at my beasts(Between the breasts),I didn't bother as they were light at that time but after sometime they increased in number n spread around the nipples too... It was very DEPRESSING... :( No one in my family has ever experienced such a problem... I hated the hair this much that I scissored them n then I continued scissoring them... Now they're thick n have spread almost everywhere on my belly,bikini line,breasts,ALMOST EVERYWHERE! This is so very depressing I want a permanent solution for them... I have normal periods...
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2012, 12:15 PM
    Is it a fine blond hair or course dark hair, Have your parents had a doctor see you about this yet? Everyone has body hair, some more or less than others.. in a general sense Asianstend to have the least.. while Certain Blacks, East Indians and Middle eastern women can have a lot more darker hair. However women of any ethnic group can have this. Among Caucaisians Blonds have the most hair per square inch (its just not as visible) while Redheads tend to have the least...

The problem is if you have an abnormal amount, and if so the doctor can give you the best advice after examining you and running tests.

Dec 21, 2012, 01:05 PM
    Ahhhh... I have dark,thick,black hair... Went to a gynecologist n she said u're too young for the test... U'll have a test at the age of 20... N the hair r spreading everywhere slowly n gradually! :'(
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2012, 01:11 PM
    I don't understand why they would say you have to wait until 20. There are certain medical conditions that could be responsible for that... or it might be the luck of the draw genetically.

Unfortunately.if there isn't a hormone imballance you might be stuck with it, and the only options you have would be expensive and time consuming.

Whether you have it and don't want it... or want it and don't have it... both are expensive and difficult to change.

This is only an example and not a diagnosis... I do know of one woman that had a similar situation when she was much younger and it was a result of ovarian cycts. It was causing problems with her hormones...
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 21, 2012, 01:15 PM
    I too have to wonder why the doctor said you have to wait until you're 20 for testing. That makes no sense. It's time to get a second opinion.

Bottom line, if this isn't a hormonal imbalance that can be corrected with medication, then you're looking at other solutions such as waxing, shaving, nair, or permanent hair removal (which would be very expensive and time consuming). Bottom line, there's no quick or easy fix for this, but the first thing to rule out is a hormonal imbalance, and then go from there.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 21, 2012, 03:22 PM
    I would ask to be tested for testosterone levels.
    All woman have testosterone but it's a matter of how much.
    It's not as rare as you might think for women to have a lot of body hair. Not that it is much consolation, I know, but you might find an online group of woman who share the same thing.

Dec 22, 2012, 05:07 AM
    It's making me confidence less n I just hate myself cox of this :(
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 22, 2012, 05:31 AM
    Chaow, I am a woman who has so little hair on her head that I have had to wear it short and still skin shows through especially right on the top, and I used to joke about looking like Benjamin Franklin. I am also covered head to toe with moles. I could go on and on.

But I won't try to compare one of my things with someone else's. I wonder if birth control pills (containing female hormones) would counteract this? I don't know. There are women with full beards! I am sure you can find a better doctor, perhaps an endocrinologist. You can also look into all the kinds of professional hair removal, such as lasers.

Dec 23, 2012, 09:17 AM
    Hmmmm.. The most imp question is will it affect my fertility?
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2012, 09:34 AM
    Nobody can guess until you have a competent doctor find out why. Some possible causes will, while others won't.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Chest Hair [ 14 Answers ]

Hi. I am a 37 years old white guy and cannot grow any hair on my chest - and I HATE it!! I feel like a total freak and it has ruined my life in so many ways. I've looked into the facts and figures and less than 5% of white males have no chest hair, which clearly means this condition is simply...

Chest hair, too much! [ 8 Answers ]

How do I remove the hair from chest, lower belly, pubic parts and legs? I would not prefer shaving, but anything like cream or any method, that would leave my skin at least hairless?

Removing chest hair [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am a 25 year old guy... want to know the best way to remove chest hair.. don't want to use any razor... any hair removal cream useful.. please tell me

Female Thinning Hair [ 2 Answers ]

I have always had very long thick hair, The last couple years I have experienced hair loss at an alarming rate. I'm not using anything different when it comes to hair products. I do have Thyroid problems but am on medication for it. Also been very stressed. I was wondering if certain supplements...

Hair around nipples, on chest, face [ 6 Answers ]

How common is it for women to have a lot of hair around their nipples (percentage)? On their chest? As I have gotten older (I'm now 42), I have gotten a lot of hair in these places, and I am also getting longer (but very thin) hair on my upper lip and more and more little black hairs on my chin....

View more questions Search