Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aadachi Posts: 31, Reputation: 3

Dec 21, 2012, 08:02 AM
    Can a Person Be Haunted?
    Can a person be haunted? Not a building, an actual person.

It's not a question of whether I believe in paranormal things or not. Growing up, my family & I just assumed that we had bad luck with choosing the houses we lived in, because their always seemed to be activity. I grew up in a very religious family that did not believe in ghosts, but believed those were demons trying to trick me (I say "me" because they always seemed to come to me the most/I would always see them first, before the activity grew into obvious things such as the rest of the family seeing the ghost, hearing it, or something moving in front of them).

Anyway, I just recently moved to Japan as a newlywed and things are happening at this house as well. Things are not only happening, but it's like they come and they go, and are never the same ones that pass through.

Just a few of the examples are:

One said his name was Clarence, and that he was looking for his daughter Isabelle. He lingered for about a month, until he asked me if I could help him find his daughter. I told him sorry and that I didn't know how to help him. After that I never saw him.

Another did not give a name, but is a tall, dirty Japanese woman who seems to have mood swings. She is also the only one to have been here ever since I moved in and won't leave when I tell her to leave. She has said only two words in what I later found out was Japanese, one translating into the words, "negative space" and the other time her saying the forceful, masculine word for "Go!"

Another very impactful one was a blonde who only stayed for one night. She said her name was Emily Bell. She was the most informative and was the most friendly and talkative out of them all. The way she said her name made me assume that Bell was her middle name, although she never told me her last name. She said she was a bomber pilot in WWII and was one of the only women that did that. I asked her why she was here and she said she didn't die here, but actually came back here when she died because she feels guilty for leaving Japan when others she knew died here and never got to return to their families. She said some of her friends she met in Texas were also pilots died here. I don't know if that's where she was from?? I have no idea.

There are many more that come and go, which is why I am wondering if they are haunting the building or just haunting me. Normally I try to ignore them, and just hope they stop talking or go on their way. I can't keep ignoring them though, I want them to just stop and go away.

Because it really bothers me sometimes, because there are some who I feel real bad for, like this one, a white male with a buzz cut, who looked like a military guy. He was in his mid-twenties and was crying, saying that he jumped from "the tower" and now regretted that he did that because he misses everyone and feels even more alone than what he did when he was alive.

I ignored him, but I just didn't know what else to do. I don't want these things around me all the time, or to show up whenever they want... this is my house and I just want to find a way to get rid of these things that are haunting my house/me.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 21, 2012, 08:28 AM
    You seem to be a receptor, an open door for spirits; perhaps some would call you a spirit guide. They like you, they feel you can help them. Do you ever tell them that they have to move on, bless them and tell them this?

You may never lose this ability, some never do but learn to live with the gift. I know one lady, similar to you, in that she just sits and talks to them when they appear. They never harm her or anyone she is connected to.

I wouldn't say you are 'haunted' per se, but gifted. Perhaps you can turn it around to benefit you.

Edit: i just read one of your previous posts in another thread, and noticed that you do realize you are gifted and not 'haunted'. So you have actually come to grips with this and know how to handle your ability.

Dec 21, 2012, 08:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    You seem to be a receptor, an open door for spirits; perhaps some would call you a spirit guide. They like you, they feel you can help them. Do you ever tell them that they have to move on, bless them and tell them this?

You may never lose this ability, some never do but learn to live with the gift. i know one lady, similar to you, in that she just sits and talks to them when they appear. They never harm her or anyone she is connected to.

I wouldnt say you are 'haunted' per se, but gifted. Perhaps you can turn it around to benefit you.
    Thank you for giving me an informative answer!

I actually only have ever told them sorry and that I don't know how to help them. So either they get angry, leave, or linger for awhile and then leave... ect. I wouldn't even know where to begin in helping them.

Sometimes I do talk to them, but most times I just ignore them because of not knowing how to help. Other times I ignore them because I am afraid. You said I might not be able to get rid of this, and that I could turn it around to benefit me. How do you suggest it could benefit me?

I'm just trying to find a positive in this if I am just stuck this way and there isn't a way to get "unhaunted."

Thanks again for your info! :)
    Expert

Dec 21, 2012, 08:51 AM
    You did mention in another thread that you were from a religious background; so I am assuming there is a cleric in your life who can possibly help you diminish this unwanted attention? Or would you rather not explain this to someone from the church? And, what denomination is you religion, if you don't mind me asking?

Wrong choice of wording 'benefit you', sorry, I probably meant benefiting you in a moral sense, as in benefiting from the knowledge that you have helped one of these lost souls, that is what they are, they are chained to this existence and misdirected, ultimately move on permanently.

Dec 21, 2012, 09:08 AM
    I grew up in a Christian household, in a really strict Baptist upbringing, however, I just consider myself to be Christian, not a baptist. I am afraid of going to someone from church with this, as I've seen how that has played out in the past.

Sometimes, a pastor will flat out say I'd be crazy for thinking that kind of thing happens. But most of the time, I would get lectured for even talking to the ghosts, they'd say ghosts don't exist (yet there is a Holy Ghost?? ) and that they are demons taking that form. Then they go through the house demanding demons to leave the house and nothing happens with the ghosts. They just come and go as they please. I do believe in demons and angels too, but I believe that they would leave if they were demons and wouldn't portray themselves as ghosts if they were angels so... yeah.

My husband is Catholic and insists we try a priest but I am convinced that won't help if he's just going to call out demons like the pastors in the past have done.

Ohhh I see. Yeah, I can see how helping them would benefit me in a moral sense.
    Expert

Dec 21, 2012, 09:35 AM
    No, demons would not leave, they would take on another form to make you think they had left. Demons are masters of disguise; sometimes it is hard to tell them from garden variety spirits. In fact, they are the ones that give our garden variety spirits a bad name.

I am not making light of your situation, in all seriousness, this will wear you down if not settled soon. I wish you would try your husband's suggestion; there are some benevolent priests out there.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Dec 21, 2012, 01:05 PM
    From what I've read you have a rather unfortunate spiritual background. There are truths to what you were told but it seems apparent this situation was entirely mishandled by your family/religious leaders.

Long story short, when a spirit inhabits a person like they would a house, it's more specifically called possession or demonization. I might point out, however, that in most cases where someone feels like something is attached to them it would be categorized as OPPRESSION. In this state a person isn't under the control of the entity but rather effected.

Keep in mind, a person's religious background doesn't keep spirits from manifesting... but their background is what determines how we react to it. I myself am a born again Christian and have had several manifestations in my life... however I've known how to handle the situations.

The catch with the priest is going to be that most of the time they will only try to bless you or the home and can rarely order an exorcism... which most likely you do not need anyway. Denomination of the priest or pastor does not matter, one has no more authority in the subject than the other does... it comes down to a person's individual understanding of how the spirit world works, and in that case, deliverance doesn't even need to be performed by a clergy member.

Dec 21, 2012, 11:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hauntinghelper View Post
    From what I've read you have a rather unfortunate spiritual background. There are truths to what you were told but it seems apparent this situation was entirely mishandled by your family/religious leaders.

Long story short, when a spirit inhabits a person like they would a house, it's more specifically called possession or demonization. I might point out, however, that in most cases where someone feels like something is attached to them it would be categorized as OPPRESSION. In this state a person isn't under the control of the entity but rather effected.

Keep in mind, a person's religious background doesn't keep spirits from manifesting...but their background is what determines how we react to it. I myself am a born again Christian and have had several manifestations in my life...however I've known how to handle the situations.

The catch with the priest is going to be that most of the time they will only try to bless you or the home and can rarely order an exorcism...which most likely you do not need anyway. Denomination of the priest or pastor does not matter, one has no more authority in the subject than the other does...it comes down to a person's individual understanding of how the spirit world works, and in that case, deliverance doesn't even need to be performed by a clergy member.
    Thank you for answering! Yeah, because of my background, I feel as though I am relearning everything from scratch, trying to understand the spiritual world and how to handle it.

Yes, that sounds exactly like what I have. I'm not controlled by them by any means, they just seem attracted to me. Is it still called oppression if there is only one spirit, or multiple? Or does that even matter? Also, do the spirits have to be the same spirits that are attached to me, or does random coming/going spirits also fall under that category? Because only one of them has actually been here the whole time I've lived here, and the others have only stayed for much shorter times.

Since there are ways to stop a demon/spirit from living in a person (with exorcism), are there ways to stop oppression?

I hope you don't mind all of the questions. :P

Dec 21, 2012, 11:22 PM
    No, demons would not leave, they would take on another form to make you think they had left. Demons are masters of disguise; sometimes it is hard to tell them from garden variety spirits. In fact, they are the ones that give our garden variety spirits a bad name.

I am not making light of your situation, in all seriousness, this will wear you down if not settled soon. I wish you would try your husband's suggestion; there are some benevolent priests out there.
    Garden variety spirits? What is that? Or is that just a figure of speech? :P

I do realize there are demons who try to trick/or disguise themselves, but I can tell the difference. There have been a lot of past experiences that have shown me the difference. I won't go into detail, but yeah, I know at least all of the ones I have seen in this house are actual spirits. However, a few of the spirits have said there was something bad in my house that did not want them to talk to me.

I know that should bother me that they have said something bad is in my house and that I should probably do something about whatever it is, but... I guess I am just worried that if it leaves, the spirits won't be afraid of talking anymore and will try even MORE to talk to me. Which is the opposite of what I want. So I don't know what to do.
    Expert

Dec 22, 2012, 05:25 AM
    Of course, 'garden variety spirits' is a figure of speech; or I could say 'run of the mill spirits'. My way of saying transient spirits, ones that fly by, no where to go, confused and never spending time in one place because they don't know where they belong.

It is windy here this morning, and I can almost imagine (or maybe not imagine) ethereal beings buffeted and turned around by the wind, as they go by, not strong enough to attach to someone which is sad. They are sad anyway, and really don't try to frighten; frustrated mostly and the frustration manifests itself in what we see, unusual happenings around us that can't be explained.

I have the utmost faith in Hauntinghelper's knowledge and insight, by the way.

Dec 22, 2012, 06:05 AM
    Of course, 'garden variety spirits' is a figure of speech; or I could say 'run of the mill spirits'. My way of saying transient spirits, ones that fly by, no where to go, confused and never spending time in one place because they dont know where they belong.

It is windy here this morning, and I can almost imagine (or maybe not imagine) ethereal beings buffeted and turned around by the wind, as they go by, not strong enough to attach to someone which is sad. They are sad anyway, and really dont try to frighten; frustrated mostly and the frustration manifests itself in what we see, unusual happenings around us that can't be explained.

Ok, that is what I thought you meant by "garden variety spirits" but I was just making sure. :P

The way you wrote about the spirits drifting around in the wind was very poetic... and very sad! Thanks again for your words of wisdom. Looking forward to what hauntinghelper has to say as well. :)

Dec 23, 2012, 11:29 AM
    Of course, 'garden variety spirits' is a figure of speech; or I could say 'run of the mill spirits'. My way of saying transient spirits, ones that fly by, no where to go, confused and never spending time in one place because they dont know where they belong.

It is windy here this morning, and I can almost imagine (or maybe not imagine) ethereal beings buffeted and turned around by the wind, as they go by, not strong enough to attach to someone which is sad. They are sad anyway, and really dont try to frighten; frustrated mostly and the frustration manifests itself in what we see, unusual happenings around us that can't be explained.

Thank you Tickle, I appreciate that very much.

Dec 23, 2012, 11:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by aadachi View Post
    Thank you for answering! Yeah, because of my background, I feel as though I am relearning everything from scratch, trying to understand the spiritual world and how to handle it.

Yes, that sounds exactly like what I have. I'm not controlled by them by any means, they just seem attracted to me. Is it still called oppression if there is only one spirit, or multiple? Or does that even matter? Also, do the spirits have to be the same spirits that are attached to me, or does random coming/going spirits also fall under that category? Because only one of them has actually been here the whole time I've lived here, and the others have only stayed for much shorter times.

Since there are ways to stop a demon/spirit from living in a person (with exorcism), are there ways to stop oppression?

I hope you don't mind all of the questions. :P
    Sometimes it is good to start over and relearn, because part of that RElearning needs some UNlearning... if that makes any sense. Oppression is oppression, whether there is one or many. Spirits work in a way that when one has a hold on your life, it will help open the doors for more to come in. Very likely many spirits are at work in your life while one or a select few are the ones really in charge.

One of the hardest parts in learning about spirits is there deception. There is little you can trust about them. For instance, your seeing random spirits come and go very well could be the one and same spirit making different spiritual manifestations. Spirits can change and copy physical forms... therefore what may look like many spirits could just be one.

Oppression is a very strong hold. I've dealt with it more than once in my personal life and it times it can seem like border line possession. It is not so much dealt with differently than possession. In the end all spiritual entities are subject to the name and power of Jesus Christ. It is the same Blood that shamed them at the cross and it is the same name they are subject too. Whether a spirit has large control such as possession or lighter control such as oppression, it is all dealt with by the same authority.

There are no special prayers and no ritual where one has an edge on removing these spiritual situations. What it really boils down to is first identifying WHY they are there and secondly if they have any rights there, they need to be removed. Now, I'm not sure exactly what has happened in your past, but it appears something has been mishandled. I'm not trying to bring your personal life to light on a public forum here, but if you can share what has gone on in your background I may be able to help. What have pastors done for you in the past and how does your father fall into the situation?

Dec 25, 2012, 06:33 PM
    @hauntinghelper;3352475 -
    I agree, there has been a lot of unlearning as a part of the relearning process! What I still don't understand is that these spirits don't leave when I tell them to, and instead they either ask me for help or act like I'm not even there. I've had issues with demonic things in the past that actually have gone away when told to leave, that is why I am confused that these ones don't even seemed phased when told to leave.

The closest I've gotten to getting one of them in this house to leave upon command was the japanese looking one who has been here since I've been here. Since she wouldn't leave, and appeared angry when I would tell her to leave, I was afraid of her harming me or my cat so I just told her she was only allowed to be in the one room I told her she could stay in, or to just not let me see her at all. For the most part that seemed to help a little bit, but then there were ways she seemed to go around that rule, like while I am in the bathroom looking into the mirror, you can see that room in the reflection so she sometimes can be seen standing in the doorway. Other times she just flat out walks around wherever but with her head down as if mocking my asking her to not let me see her.

I have thought about it many times, why they would be here, or why they would bother me so much but then I find myself at a loss of an answer because I always end with "Well I've always had these problems, so why wouldn't they be bothering me now? "

I don't feel very comfortable going into detail on here about details of what happened when I was younger with this stuff but since you asked how my dad falls into this, I can tell you that part. The background on him as a person is that he is very selfish in every aspect of life and thinks EVERYTHING revolves around him, and has a very sexist attitude (ex: higher education or jobs for women shouldn't be allowed because it makes them "too independent").

Basically, at first he didn't believe me at all (mainly because his church at the time said those things don't actually happen) so I was stuck dealing with these things totally alone. Then, years later, when he finally did believe me that I saw ghosts and demons he would basically just tell me that they were all demons and that they could care less about harming me and that they only were trying to get his attention because he was the head of the household and I was just a mere girl. Despite the fact that the only attack he ever experienced were just of watching those things from the sidelines attack me.

Then his pattern was to tell me I was crazy (despite my record of these things) then would only get help when he would finally see something for himself. He'd say "SEE?!? It's not about you, it's about ME!" and only then he would get a pastor to come over to the house... meanwhile he ignored the fact that I would go months being tormented and not believed. It was as if he was willing to let me suffer just so he could get his "glory minute" of feeling some sort of twisted version of feeling special.

So long story short, my dad plays a large role in my bitterness toward spiritual happenings, but played very little role in helping me through these experiences.

I don't know what the pastor would do at the house. My dad always had everyone else besides him and the pastor leave the house, so I don't know what went on there when the pastor came over. The closest I got to talking about these things with those pastors was a stern look and being accused of messing with things like ouija boards or witchcraft because again... I was just a girl so there was no reason they should bother someone like me unless I did something like that.

I hope the background helps you maybe get some sort of understand that I am unaware of in my sticky situation! I know I didn't say much about what actually has happened, but hopefully it was enough to get help.

Dec 26, 2012, 03:45 PM
    I appreciate the background. Again, it's not my goal or place to bring up personal things, but sometimes info like that can help. Unless you HAVE dabbled in the occult before (which I believe you haven't), there is not further reason to dig that stuff up.

I agree with your father on one thing (and on thing only)... I do believe spirits like you see are demonic. It is very unfortunate that there are many people out there like your father... especially in regards to spiritual issues. I have no doubt in my mind your situation was extremely mishandled.

Before a person can really understand the truths about commanding spirits you have to realize several things.

First of all there are different kinds of spirits out there, just as unique and different as you and I. Some spirits are more wicked than others while some spirits have a higher authority over other groups of spirits. There are also spirits that are stronger and more stubborn than other spirits. That said, it is not always a case of telling a spirit to leave. In the end, YES they are all subject to human authority through Christ Jesus... however sometimes it takes patience, prayer and fasting and even a strong will of your own. Remember also that God doesn't remove these things for us... He uses His church to do His will.

While there are different types and powers within the spirit world there main goal is always going to be deception. The most common mistake with people and spirit world is that many gauge the intentions (good or bad) of the spirit by how they look, what they say, etc...
    Scripturally you can't judge them by what they say because we are told that they are liars and server the 'father of all lies'. Scripturally we cannot judge spirits by appearance because it has been revealed that they can take on the forms of not only people but angels of light. We cannot judge these spirits by the physcial harm they have or have not done upon us because their main goal is not harm in the phsycial sense... but in the spiritual sense. An example of spiritual harm is deceit. Their main is goal is to not only nullify the Word and works of God, but also to lead us through life confused about what is real or true.
    There is a reason scripture tells us to TEST spirits... because they are all liars!

Other important aspects you need to keep in mind is who this commanding authority has been given to. It is not for everyone to do, nor is the deliverace itself for everybody. God hasn't sent His church into a battle without weapons. Christ himself gave authority to people to take charge over such spirits... infact, He went so far as to say EVERY spirit. This authority was given, however, to those that are born again believers... and the deliverance they have to offer is also only for those who want to allow a relationship with God to develop. We are told in the Bible more than once that if a spirit is removed it can come back if where it was removed from isn't since filled with God.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My house is not being haunted its me that is being haunted [ 4 Answers ]

I am being haunted its not my home it has followed me for many yrs I wake up with marks like bruising bite marks scratches its just getting worse and I don't know what to do anymore I'm tired my uncle is native american and he says I'm being attacked by a skinwalker please I need advise please

Can a person be haunted? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been teriozed my entire life. My boyfriends seen it, and now he don't want us to move I together until we get it looked at something about him being catholic c

Whow can I report a person who charge a person to make him a ligal person in the usa [ 3 Answers ]

A woman that married an illigal immigrant to get him his resident card by charging him money they bught a house under bouth names to present to immigration that they are living together but the truth is they live separe he lives with the mother of his children and she lives with her grilfrien she...

View more questions Search