Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    burkey Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2012, 07:51 AM
    Maytag refrigerator bottom freezer door not closing
    Our MBF2258WEB1 fridge with a slide out freezer drawer is not sealing on the left side. It does not seal unless you push on that side. I do not see a problem with the seal, also I do not see any screws for the door to loosen if it is warped. The unit is level. Do I need a new door?
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2012, 08:02 AM
    It sounds like moisture and dirt could have gotten in door. Remove door and lay flat on table then on underside of seal you should see screws. Remove them and liner will come off. You can then inspect gasket and see if it needs to be replaced. Leave door open to air and let it dry very well. When you reassemble door seal around inside from inside liner to steel door with GE Silicone Clear Sealant Caulk. It smells like vinegar as it cures. Make sure it seals well and door is flat where the seal is located.
    burkey Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2012, 10:49 AM
    Thanks for replying, but I pulled the seal off. It looks clean and dry with no screws visible. The plastic liner looks like it is pressed into the metal.Our fridge is only 2 years old.
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2012, 04:54 PM
    Then you will have to replace the door if you cannot adjust it.
    Sturmcrow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2013, 12:22 PM
    I had the same problem with my freezer door. It turned out that the toothed wheels that run on the toothed tracks on the sides of the freezer door track had gotten out of sync. For me, the right hand one was two teeth advanced compared to the left, so the right side would not quite close. If you pull the basket out and the door off, you may be able to see that the two tracks do not each slide back into the track to the same extent. If so, your toothed wheel is off, and you have a really easy fix.
    freezrdoorissue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2013, 06:32 AM
    On mine a thick sheet of ice formed on the freezer floor. Let it thaw for 10 minutes then wiggle the sheet of ice loose carefully using a flatip screwdriver. Drag it out onto a prepositioned shower towel on the floor. Door removal not needed. Work around it.Done.
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2013, 06:55 AM
    You had a stopped up drain, not like the issue here. It sounds like you have an adjustment problem if the seal is good. GE had a big problem with freezer doors and had to recall and replace a lot of refrigerators. I got a couple which were discarded almost new and put GE Silicone caulk around inside of edges of plastic liner and fixed both of them and they still work great. GE may have made your unit; I do not know. See if it can be adjusted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag refrigerator--ice forming in bottom of freezer [ 11 Answers ]

Ice has been forming in the bottom of our side-by-side Maytag (MSB 2354 DRQ) which is about 7 years old. I noticed water on the floor under the fridge the other day. I broke the ice up and discarded it, and now ice has formed again. There was some ice on the back of the freezer cabin too,...

I have a Maytag refrigerator with french doors and a bottom freezer. Model # MFI2568A [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Maytag refrigerator with french doors and a bottom freezer. Model # MFI2568AEB and Serial # 12516299LR. The freezer and refrigerator do not get cold. I can feel the heater on in the door of the refrigerator. I'm assuming this is the defrost heater, it is always on. How do I determine what...

Water leaking at bottom of freezer door on Maytag side by side refrigerator [ 1 Answers ]

We had water leaking from the bottom of our freezer and took the back panel off and melted the ice that had built up and opened the drain so the water freely ran out. We put the freezer back together and found that now the line going up the door to our water dispenser was leaking. Will this stop...

Ice forming at the bottom of the freezer of Maytag Refrigerator [ 1 Answers ]

In my Maytag refrigeratot ice is forming at the bottom of the freezer

MayTag freezer door opens when refrigerator door is closed [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new here. I have a 9 year old Maytag refrigerator with a freezer on top. Recently whenever I close the refrigerator I notice that the freezer door pops open. I looked at the seals around it but can't see anything wrong. I did notice that I can simply tap on the door and it will...

View more questions Search