Ask
    bg1167 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2012, 03:02 PM
    Is there a penalty to move US funds to Canada
    If I move my money to Canada is there a penalty by the US government
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 20, 2012, 03:19 PM
    No, why would there be a penalty by the US government? Or obviously your government has a keen eye on your investments and bank accounts and you are not quite as autonomous as you would like to be? It is your money, but you will have to keep an eye on the exchange rate so you benefit, even is a small way because we are at par now.

When I transfer down to US, there is no penalty to me

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Penalty for second time shoplifter in canada in toronto [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I am 28 years female .I caught in shopper drug mart for $ 15 of product as a shoplifter . It is my second time although my 1st time offence is clear .I did some community hours & there is no crimnal record for 1st time but I am worried know any one who can suggest me what going to be...

Can we get out of a lease with out penalty with a FAA move? [ 0 Answers ]

My husband works for the FAA. We are being transferred to another state. It is a voluntary move but we don't get to pick when we leave. We made our management company aware 6 months early that we would be leaving 2 month prior to the end of our lease. We were told by my husbands job that in this...

16 years old. Stole something valued at 160$ in Canada. What's the penalty? [ 1 Answers ]

I stole something worth 160$ . This is my first time stealing. What would happen if I returned what I stole?

Civil penalty/no funds [ 2 Answers ]

I had a business in real estate in which I was assessed a fine and lost my license due to something one of my employees had done, now the state of Indiana is sueing me for the fine, which is more than I can afford to pay and I have no job since they revoked my license. I also no longer live in...

Caught without license on Vespa in Canada penalty? [ 1 Answers ]

I was just curious if anyone knows what would happen if someone was caught driving a vespa in the city without having a license (or plates) in Toronto, ON, Canada? Big fine, jail? Bike taken away? Thanks guys!

View more questions Search