Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jer1976 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2012, 03:58 PM
    Daughter is jealous of new girlfriend.
    I've been separated from my ex wife since April 2012 and I have full custody of my 7 yr daughter. She only sees her mother on the weekends. I now have a new girlfriend that I'm very serious about. We have both taken it very slow when it comes to my daughter and show no affection toward each other and as far as she knows my girlfriend is both of our friend. My daughter completely adores my girlfriend and always wants her to come over. When she is over we are both back and extreme effort to include my daughter in everything and make her center of attention. Recently my daughter has admitted to me she is jealous of our friend and has exhibited extreme almost intolerable behavior problems. Do I completely take my girlfriend out of the picture? Is that just rewarding bad behavior and allowing her to have full control? WHAT DO I DO?? I'm first and foremost concerned for my daughters future development
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Dec 19, 2012, 04:25 PM
    Jer, before I can offer advice, I need for you to reconcile a discrepancy. The advice given will be different depending on what the relationship actually is.

Your title says "boyfriend's daughter is jealous of me" implying that you are the girlfriend of the child's parent. However, your post says that you are the parent of the child:

Ive been separated from my ex wife since April 2012 and I have full custody of my 7 yr daughter. She only sees her mother on the weekends. I now have a new girlfriend that Im very serious about. We have both taken it very slow when it comes to my daughter and show no affection towards each other and as far as she knows my girlfriend is both of our friend. My daughter completely adores my girlfriend and alwasys wants her to come over. When she is over we are both back and extrem effort to include my daughter in everything and make her center of attention. Recently my daughter has admitted to me she is jealous of our friend and has exhibited extrem almost untolerable behavior problems. Do I completely take my girlfriend out of the picture? Is that just rewarding bad behavior and allowing her to have full control? WHAT DO I DO?? Im first and foremost concerned for my daughters future development
    Are you the parent or the friend?
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Dec 28, 2012, 12:25 PM
    That caught my eye as well... also - it doesn't say if there has been an actual divorce yet.. I think that's important to know too.

*edit* mystery solved, I don't think most men would comment on how to fix 'too blond' hair.
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/hair-c...ir-723403.html
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 28, 2012, 12:44 PM
    While I have changed the title to be more accurate of whats posted, I agree we need some more facts for clarity.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm jealous of my boyfriend's relationship with his 7 year old daughter [ 11 Answers ]

I feel ridiculous admitting this but I'm jealous of the relationship my boyfriend has with his 7 year old daughter. We've been dating almost 2 years, and there has been so much stress! We're both divorced, and met while we were separated. Both of our spouses left us.I have no children, (I'm 41) and...

My boyfriend is too jealous... What could I do? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm in a long distance relationship... we've met about an year ago and it was indeed the happiest month of our lives. I'm about to move in with him but he's so jealous! It's getting worse with time. He even threaten me... I'm not going to cheat on him and he said that it will be good when I get...

Will I ever stop being jealous of my 10 yr old step-daughter? [ 8 Answers ]

My step daughter acts like she's 2 around her father-my husband. And it drives me absolutely crazy. She talks in this little whiney voice, dances around when she's talking. She calls him "daddy" and it makes me nuts. She has to kiss him on the lips all the time, when she tells him she loves him,...

Jealous step daughter [ 4 Answers ]

Hi my live in boyfriends daughter is very jealous she is an only child and lives with us 2 days one week and six days next week. My boyfriend has been divorced for eight years from her mom and she is only child on either side and very spoiled. I have one daughter seven whom I have week on week off...

Jealous of a boyfriend [ 19 Answers ]

All right so I've been dating this guy for a couple of months now and things have been going great. The only problem is sometimes I find myself jealous of him. He seems to party a lot and spend lots of time with his friends. I myself, only have a few close friends which I see rarely and I've never...

View more questions Search