Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    uksteve Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2012, 01:42 PM
    Genie pro 88
    Hi folks, I have an old Genie Pro 88 door opener without sensor, it will open OK but when I try to close it, it just tries to open further for a few moments then rests in the open position. I would appreciate anyone who has encountered a similar problem perhaps throwing some light on a fix? Thanks in anticipation.

Check out some similar questions!

Genie Pro 88 Opens but Does Not Close! [ 22 Answers ]

My Genie Pro 88 is about 18 years old. Suddenly it seems to only open. To close it, I must pull the emergency handle to disconnect it, then close manually. However, if I reconnect the mechanism once the door is closed, it opens just fine by remote or by hard wire. If the door is in the open...

Genie pro 88 CLOSES but does not OPEN [ 5 Answers ]

My Genie Pro 88 closes, but does not open. I can hear clicking coming from the black little boxes (on the circuit board) and the lights come on, but it will not open. I also checked the jumper plug and the connection is perfectly fine. I also checked the grounding points and they are all secured...

Genie pro 88 [ 0 Answers ]

My Genie Pro 88 only opens and closes with the remote occasionally. I have cleaned the unit and tightened the screws. It works perfectly pushing the button, but with the remote it ddoesn't always respond. Can you please help me ?

Genie Pro 88 [ 0 Answers ]

I'm looking for a wiring diagram for the Genie Pro 88. Currently the 4-wire wall control (white, black, green yellow) and the remote signal receiver (12 pin) seem to conflict and stop each other from working because I don't have the wiring correct (just bought the house and the wires were...

Genie Pro 88 will not open electrically [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Genie Pro 88 Garage Door Opener. It had a hard-wired opener on the outside of the garage and I also had a portable opener that I kept in my car. Everything was working fine and then one day, I hit the button on the opener in my car & the Door opened only a little bit then went down. I...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.