Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashkay1107 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2012, 11:13 AM
    Injury
    I was walking into walmart with my childreb. Then a christmas tree fell down knocking the metal display sign into my leg. My ankle is bruised badly but my insurance does notbkick in until the beginning of the year. Do I have grounds for a lawsuit? Also no caution signs were there
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 18, 2012, 11:37 AM
    Why would there have to be a caution sign, it was a display.if you want a lawsuit, hire a lawyer.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 18, 2012, 11:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Why would there have to be a caution sign, it was a display.if you want a lawsuit, hire a lawyer.
    Second opinion. You would be fighting a retail giant over a bruised ankle. Do you have lots of money for an undertaking like this?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Dec 18, 2012, 12:41 PM
    Have you received medical attention for this injury? If so, contact the store manager about payment for it, or, if not, about seeing a doctor at their expense.

You didn't explain why the tree fell over. Do you know? I'm guessing that it wasn't properly secured and, if so, the store would be liable. But chances are that, fortunately, your injuries are minimal. If so, don't expect a windfall.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 18, 2012, 07:52 PM
    You first,

When this happened, I am sure you reported this to the store and did a accident report.
    If not, how do you prove to the store that is how it was injured, or prove it in court.

Who are the witnesses, ( not family) that saw this happen.

When you went to the store manager and asked them to pay for the medical bills, why did they refuse payment.

If you did not even try to get them to pay the bills, why are you talking about suing them.

Also what caused the tree to fall over ? Was the store at fault ? Was another customer at fault ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recent Injury [ 1 Answers ]

Last night, I was playing around in the house and hit my arm on the top of a chair. The only way I can describe it is, the rounded metal tube hit the anterior side of my ulna. It felt like it pushed very hard into the interosseous membrane. Needless to say it was very painful. After a minute I...

Rib injury [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know the difference from a bruised rib versus a separated or cracked one? I've been trying to find it on the internet. I have trouble sleeping and pain when sneezing or laughing. Its been over two weeks...

Self Injury [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I didn't quite know where to post this so I tried here... Anyway, I know that self injury is typical of someone who has been abused through childhood, but I seemed to be OK there for a few months... now Im taking social work in college which didn't bother me till today when we watched a video...

Needlestick injury [ 4 Answers ]

Helo doctr,am 22male,I got a needlstick injury from a poliomyelitic patient,is there any chance of acqirin th disease?

View more questions Search