Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sp68266n Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2012, 10:48 AM
    accounting questions answers
    every year, mother company purchases 8000 units of a part that it needs to produce its prodcut. The supplier notified Mother Company that a price increase will take effect shortly, which will bring the price of the part to $25.00 each. Mother company has an idle facility and considers using it to produce the part. If they produce the part the cost of the needed 8,000 units will be
    direct material $17,500
    direct labor $30,000
    indirect production costs-variable $14,000
    indirect production costs-Fixed $33,500
    The idle facility could also be rented out at an annual rent of $99,000. All the fixed indirect production costs are avoidable.

LIST THE ALTERNATIVES THE COMPANY HAS?
    WHICH OF THE ALTERNATIVES IS THE BEST AND WHY?

Check out some similar questions!

Answers to accounting questions [ 1 Answers ]

What does it mean to calculate the funding levels and capital gains based on the company's annual report?

Answers to accounting questions [ 0 Answers ]

The company incurs a payroll payable of $645 per weekday of operations. The mondays of January are the 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th, and the 31st. Paydays are every other Friday with paydays of January 7th & 21st and February 4th for the two weeks ending that date. The Friday, January 21st payday is...

Accounting questions and answers [ 1 Answers ]

Im new to this so I didn't ask my question very clearly. The company pays for medical insurance for owners. I have had it on the expense side of P & L but was told by CPA that I need to classify it as a non-deductible expense. I don't know how to do that. Im using Quickbooks. Do I keep it on...

Answers to accounting questions? [ 0 Answers ]

u09a1 Budget Variance Analysis For the second quarter in a row, profits are down at Waterfall division. - Division Management budgeted $250,000 in profits for the 2nd quarter - but actual results were only $197,000 in profits. - The division management insists that the budgets were...

Accounting questions and answers [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a timeshare five years ago for $17,000. I sold it last year for $8,000. May I write the loss of $9,000 off my taxes entirely or do I have to take the loss in increments?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.