Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    12person Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2012, 08:50 AM
    Life insurance policy finding out if one was taken out on someone
    My father passed away on October 31 of this year. My stepmother said he took out a life insurance policy for us children. Now she is saying it didn't go through. I am afraid she has given it to her children and left his children out. How do I find out?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Dec 18, 2012, 09:01 AM
    If your father named you as a beneficiary then the life insurance company will send you the benefits once they receive a copy for the death certificate. Your step-mother cannot redeirect the payout - she cannot change the beneficiary.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 18, 2012, 08:03 PM
    If you were named as a beneficiary, then the policy ( company) can not give your money to anyone else. If the wife was the beneficiary, then she is free to give the money to anyone she wants.

Even if father said she should, the money from life insurance is paid to the person listed on the policy as beneficiary no one else, So she could not give YOUR money to anyone else,
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 18, 2012, 08:23 PM
    Did your dad have a will or a lawyer he used?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Life insurance policy [ 3 Answers ]

Can you take life insurance out on anyone without there knowledge?

A company insurance salesman sold a life insurance policy to a client for a premium o [ 1 Answers ]

A company insurance salesman sold a life insurance policy to a client for a premium of $25,000. The agency billed the client for the policy and is entitled to a commission of 20%. How do I do an adjusting journal entry for this question? Will it have two parts to it?

Life insurance policy on me? [ 2 Answers ]

How do I find out if someone has taken a life insurance policy out on me?

How do I go by finding an insurance policy that is in my mother's name? [ 3 Answers ]

My grandmother passed away some years back and she hada policy in my mother's name, but to a problem she is having with a sibling she does not have the actual policy or policy number. Is there another way that she can find this policy without having the actual policy number?

Finding a insurance name by policy number [ 3 Answers ]

Hello! I would like to find a auto insurance company name and phone number using just the policy number from the insurance. Because I had an accident and the poile woman gave me some wrong information.

View more questions Search