Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jrmontemurro Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2012, 04:15 PM
    A 10 kg box is pushed across the floor by a constant speed of 2.0 m/s. if the coeffic
    A 10 kilogram box is being pushed across the floor at a constant speed of 2.0 milliseconds. If the coefficient of friction is 0.25, what force must be used to push it?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Dec 18, 2012, 09:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrmontemurro
    .. at a speed of 2.0 miilseconds."
    "2 milliseconds" is not a speed. But that's OK, because the speed doesn't matter as long as it's a constant. If the speed is constant then the acceleration of the box is zero. So now from you know that the sum of forces acting on the box is zero, so the force being applied to push it must exactly equal the opposing force of friction. Do you know how to calculate that?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Constant speed physics [ 1 Answers ]

One swimmer in a relay race has a 0.50 s Lead and is swimming at a constant speed of 4.26 m/s. The swimmer has 59.7 m to swim Before reaching the end of the pool. A second Swimmer moves in the same direction as the Leader. What constant speed must the second Swimmer have in order to catch up...

Constant speed [ 3 Answers ]

If you drive at a constant speed of 65 miles per hour, how long would it take you to reach 112 km?

Constant fan on low speed [ 4 Answers ]

My neighbour has a clare brothers furnace. Model HEMI 70BD. I replaced the module for them because it was shot. The furnace fan now runs on low speed all the time and during the call for heat then goes into high. T-stat is about 18yrs old. Mercury switch. The humidifier and EAC are wired together...

Finding constant speed? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my Question is regarding contant speed.. How to find contant speed if the mass and power of that object is giving. For example: The motor for an elevator can produce 14 kW of the power. The elevator has a mass of 1100 kg, including its contents. At what constant speed will the...

Bicylist with constant speed of 3.5 m/s being overtaken by cyclist accelerating. [ 1 Answers ]

OK, I've got a cyclist who rides by at a constant speed of 3.5 m/s and 2 seconds later a second cyclist hops on his bike and accelerates at 2.4 m/s until he catches his friend. How much time does it take for him to catch his friend? How har has he traveled in this time? What is his speed when he...

View more questions Search