Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chickenbake Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2005, 11:00 PM
    Real big problem, any help would be great!
    Hi, I gave my parents my W2s every year since I started working in 2000. They told me they would file my taxes for me... they did not. Also they do not have any of my W2s. So... I need to file taxes soon and I need to know the easiest way I can file returns late. So I have had all my taxes deducted from my paychecks and have been reported to the IRS but I haven't personally filed ever. I have been a student all along but I don't know exactly what that changes, also my Dad declares me as a dependent and don't know if that changes anything either. I made about $2000 each year except one year where I made a little over 8000. PLEASE HELP A POOR COLLEGE STUDENT FILE 1000 YEARS OF TAXES! :(
    Sincerely,

Starving Artist Patrick :eek:
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 1, 2005, 08:57 AM
    Patrick:

I noticed no one has answered your post. I am new to this forum (just joined yesterday).

Except for the year when you made $8,000, you owe no federal income taxes, even with your father claiming you as a dependent. Your standard deduction covered your tax liability. The same circumstance probably applies for your state taxes as well.

Now, if no money was withheld from your paycheck in the years you made $2,000 or less, than you have no requirement to file a tax return! If money was withheld, you should file a tax return in order to get the refund (both state and federal). It's too late for the 2000 calendar year to get a refund (after three years, any refund is forfeited), but if you file by April 15th, 2005, you can still get your refund from Calendar year 2001.

As for having no W-2s, you can either go back to where you worked and ask them for copies of the W-2s, or actually call the IRS and ask them for a printout of your tax information for all of the years in question. There is no charge for that data, and any competent tax preparer can then reproduce the W-2 information needed to file your tax returns for tax years 2001 through 2004.

Believe it or not, your situation is not all that unusual. Each years I usually have a new client who contacts me and confesses that he/she has not filed for years and needs to get caught up. Most of the time, they owe no taxes but usually have forfeited thousands of dollars in tax refunds.

I can help you in this process in exchange for your tax business. If you are interested, e-mail me at [email protected].

Hope this helps!

Atlanta Tax Expert

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Great Dane doesn't like to Eat [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, I have a rather large problem with our pet Dane. He has no interest in any kind of food that dogs are meant to eat. He is now 20 months old and we have had nothing but problems with him over his lack of eating. He has never showen any interest in food other than cat food. But just...

Playboy girlfirend problem.. Real problem [ 14 Answers ]

I have this new girlfriend.. that I really, really like (more than any other). She seems really nice... she was wearing everything of the "playboy" (earrings, bag, shirt, etc, etc) brand name / merchandise. I thought it was cute and a one time thing. Until I saw her bedroom.. It was 100%...

Not a real problem, just a question to make you think? [ 22 Answers ]

Ok I had a friend at work ask me this and I'm passing it on here. Suppose you married your high school sweetheart and were married happily for 25 years. The marriage produced one child. Then one day after 25 years your spouse suddenly died. After the greiving period you met and married...

How do I find a great new job [ 16 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to this website and I am fresh out of ideas as far as the job market or marketing myself properly is concerned. I am also having an extremely hard time figuring out what I actually would like to do. I have an awesome job with benefits as a recruiter/temp laborer provider/asst....

Great Ape Crossbreediing [ 4 Answers ]

Question deleted by author due to no response. Restored: There have been attempts at crossbreeding humans and chimps. Has there been attempts at crossbreeding great apes with othe great apes. For example, Gorilla and orangutan, or chimp and oragutan, or orangutan and gorilla and so on?

View more questions Search