Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GeorgeEU Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2012, 03:09 PM
    Can I come back for studying after being deported 9 years ago?
    Hello,

I need professional advice from professional attorneys…

Back in 2004, I went to the US for studying. After my arrival, within a couple weeks I was involved in a fight & got arrested (charged with aggravated assault). After 10-15 days I was released but because of the arrest, I missed my study date. This was the reason why I ended up in deportation facility. After some formalities, I was deported, received 10 year ban to re-enter.

I felt really bad about this but never retried to go back. This year I decided to take Master Degree in a field which is very developed in the USA, now I again started thinking about my chances of coming back.

Couple years ago I contacted my attorney in US and asked her about chances of winning / dismissing the case. She did a great job and arranged preliminary hearing of my case. The case was finally dismissed by the Judge.

Today I have no convictions in the US but I still have deportation. Do I have any chances of coming back for studying? I don't have a family or close relatives in US.

Will highly appreciate your honest and detailed reply.

Thank you in advance,

George M, 27.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Dec 20, 2012, 12:44 AM
    You may try but the chance is slim. Submit papers stating that your case has been dismissed in court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My daughter is 7 and was adopted without my consent 2 years ago can I get her back? [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter was adopted 2 years ago without my consent, she is now 7 years old, is there a possibility that I can apply to have her back?

If you are deported more than ten years ago but stayed in the US, what happens then? [ 1 Answers ]

Got deported more than 10 years ago, I was still under 18 years old and I didn't know. I found out after I got married to my wife who is a US citizen and she asked for me. We had two children together, what happens if I never left after the order of removal?

Getting license back after a dui that was over 20 years ago [ 2 Answers ]

My brother lost his license over 20 years ago because of a dui, what would he have to do to get it back?

Pet back rent from Two years ago [ 2 Answers ]

I just recently got new landlord who wants me to pay back rent for a dog that I had for a while. This landlord has not been at my complex for more than a year can she cahrge me back rent for my dog if the other land lord did not and I did not sign an agreement for that year.

View more questions Search