Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DiegoForlan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2012, 09:57 AM
    What's the delay with my employment status? Thoughts?
    Hello,

On November 26th, I attended a Hotel career fair. I was there for nearly three hours, where I managed to pass the whole interview process. All of the managers were satisfied with me, so they gave me a background form to fill out. It should be noted that, this form, isn't conducted by the hotel, but rather, by a third party vendor (Sterling Info). After I filled out the background check, the HR Director told me it would take 4-5 working days for everything to receive an answer. Turns out, the HR Director forgot to give me a Drug Test form which, in my opinion, could be delaying my employment (more on that later).

After little over two weeks, on December 4th, the hotel's HR Director sent me, by email, an information background request (thought I'd already filled one out?), that I'm required to fill out in the third party vendors' webpage. I did, and after three days, the HR Director called me and told me if I could come in to fill out paper work, and such. She also asked if I were still interested and wanted to take the job offer, I said yes. So, planned me for an for orientation on the 18th. However, I interrupted and reminded her that I've had yet to complete the drug test. It turns out that they forgot to give me the form on the day of the career fair.

So on Monday, December 10th, I picked up the drug test form and completed it that same day. I'm patient. I waited until Thursday, and with no response still in hand, decided to take matters into my own hand by calling HR. I did, talked with the front desk, and she said, "I'm sorry, but you'll have to wait for (Director's name) to give you a call back. When she's ready, she'll call you".

Okay, but now I'm thinking, wasn't I supposed to attend an orientation on the 18th? Being that I was nervous, I called the third party vendor and asked if my drug results had been processed. It turns out, there was a slight hold on my process, because of required background informationl. The third party vendor had trouble getting a hold of two my employers. So, they asked if I wanted to hurry the process, I would have to fax them my W2s or payroll stubs.

I sent them both of my previous employers' information, that same day. I called them to make sure everything was received, they said yes, and that all results will be viewable by Tuesday (which is the 18th). Okay, so on Friday, I sent an email to the HR Director, curiously asking whether there was an orientation I had to attend, or if the tests came clear. It's Sunday, and no response. I'm nervous, I really want this job, and I feel that they may've forgot about me.

I mean, they did forget to give me the drug test form at the Career Fair. To me, that shows signs of carelessness. However, I understand HR gets busy and mistakes happen. My theory is that they're very busy with routine projects, but I'm not sure.

Regardless, I'll have the results from the third party vendor by Tuesday.

Thoughts?

Thank you so much for taking your time to read, and hopefully, respond.

Cheers,

Emi S.

Check out some similar questions!

F1 status + self employment [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have been in F1 status for a year and a half, and before that I was doing some self-employment in my country, I'm wonder if I can still do it with no money moving to US, I'm just expecting to do this for a couple of hours per week, with no intentions to replace my current financial aid, I...

F1 Status+self Employment [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, I am a student in US with F1 visa status. I started a website recently and put Google adsense and paypal donations. I have 2 urgent questions: 1. Is it legal to run a website that earns money throud ads with F1 status in USA? 2. Am I required to file a tax form for any sort of donations I...

Why would I need to pay self employment tax on employment settlement [ 1 Answers ]

My original question was regarding 1099 misc I can't find any informaiton regarding the rational of paying self employment tax on settlement when I was an employee of this company I found this documentation on a site regarding self employment. Also how can I determine what the award is replacing. ...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.