Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 16, 2012, 01:13 PM
    What EXACTLY does the summons say?

If the suit is for return of the $450, then you show the judge your itemized bill showing the cost for the work completed. You may need to prove that your costing is reasonable and customary for the work performed in your area. That is all you need to win.

And in that case, mentioning the unsigned contract is immaterial. You don't want to bring extraneous matters in. If he is suing for return of what he paid you only have to prove you earned what he paid.
    Superfedz Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2012, 01:48 PM
    Here it is:
    Attached Images

ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 16, 2012, 02:01 PM
    Ok, then you are in good shape. You show the judge the written contract and show the judge that you completed all the work that you billed for. Then explain to the judge that you did not complete the job because they were asking for work not mentioned in the contract.

You show that you offered to complete the job on the original terms.
    Superfedz Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2012, 05:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Ok, then you are in good shape. You show the judge the written contract and show the judge that you completed all the work that you billed for. Then explain to the judge that you did not complete the job because they were asking for work not mentioned in the contract.

You show that you offered to complete the job on the original terms.
    How do I show the judge what has been completed? I don't have photos.

The original price was via email which did not outline a payment schedule.

I also stepped out of the contract and asked for more money. That was only due to him not wanting to sign my contract.

This was my email to him:

Email: This is what I need before resuming work:

1. Please sign the contract (contract is attached with my signature)
    2. Please pay for all work that has been performed in the sum of: $450.00 on by the morning of 12-04-12
    3. A change order will be drawn up and signed before I commence work under the kitchen cabinets.

He paid the $450 plus the $500 deposit

The contract stated to pay $500 to start then $770 upon completion.
    Total price was $1,270

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Served a summons/being sued for credit card debt/first time being sued [ 2 Answers ]

I have been served a summons by first class mail of a lawsuit against me by an asset collection agency on behalf of a credit card company. The asset company has purchased the debt,in an amount just over $1000. My question is how do I proceed as I have never been sued before. I currently am...

Invoice a new customer $900 for a completed mowing job--customer will pay in 10 days [ 1 Answers ]

Is there supposed to be an entry or is just posted as NO ENTRY?

I have credited a customer's customer though the customer did not return goods [ 1 Answers ]

I have a credited a custimers account though the customer did not return goods and the account is now showing a credit balance but theyowe us some money.

Looking For a Job in Customer Care, Customer Support [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm from Sri Lanka. I'm Looking for a job in customer care, customer support, office admin, clerk, areas. I have more than 6 years of experience. I'm 28 years old guy. Please help me to find a job in Europe, Singapore, Switzerland, Netherland, Etc. I can any type of working environment.

View more questions Search