Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bloodhound8 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2012, 06:05 PM
    Girlfriend mad at me and goes to a party and drinks when she says she won't drink?
    Hello, me and my girlfriend have been dating for 6 months now and we both love each other. Well I know I love her and she says she loves me more than anything. But we fight every now and again, about stupid small stuff. Never anything big.

Recently I lied to her about something that in my eyes at first was insignificant, then 5 minutes later I told her I lied and she got extremely mad not talking to me etc. the lie was me telling her I had to talk to her about something. When later I said I didn't have to talk to her about anything. Stupid yes I know but regardless the lie was me saying, I have something to talk to you about, when I didn’t.

That night she said she had a Christmas party to attend to with her coworkers. I asked her earlier before she was mad if she was going to drink, she asked if I wanted her too, I said no, for the sole reason that there was this guy that tried to take advantage of her many times before when she had been intoxicated and there was no one around to help and she wasn't hurt just shook up. Yeah he was going to the party.

And she said OK I won't drink. Anyway that night, she went to the party I asked her if I could pick her up, she said she was walking home! So I got worried and insisted, she eventually said yes, so I walked to pick her up, maybe a mile from my house.

When I got there she was drunk and wearing spandex pants that were quite revealing, very form fitting, and the same kind of shirt, just provocative I guess. Later I found out she had no underwear on!

As I walked her home she was excited and giddy to see me, and I asked her why she wore that, she said because she was mad at me, and I asked why did you drink she said the same answer. Then apparently she admitted to this guy who I spoke about earlier that she was shook up about "shoving drinks down her throat", says her, I think she just kept taking drinks when he offered. I don't know. She says nothing happened and I trust her.

Anyway, I don't know what to think, she says she is heartbroken about my lie which albeit small yes, but it's still a lie and I just don't understand what is she doing? Getting even?

I lie to her. And she lies back? Please tell me what you guys think about the whole situation. I spoke to her the next day and she said she remembers everything and stands by her being mad at me but forgives me.

One thing I am wondering, is if I didn't persist to pick her up after the party, would she have even told me that she had something to drink? We live at separate places obviously, so I wouldn't have seen her until the next day. And again, when I spoke to her the next day, asking her why she wore those clothes, and I told her that she said it was because she was mad she said that she was drunk and she lied. I then bring it up to her that it she lied and she pulls the... "you are going to talk to me about lying, you're a hypocrite". I lie about this little thing, and she goes and does this? I don't know what to think. We have a pretty good history, I only lied to her once before about doing something and saying it was taken care off, when it wasn't, an errand if you will, and she found out I lied and up until now, she has never lied to me.

About the party now. I don't think she cheated, I highly doubt it actually, but to put me in that position to worry about her like that, wanting to walk home that seems just cruel to me, I don't know though, I don't know what to think. I guess all in all, at least she had fun at the party, so it seems. Heh.

Just please someone help, what do I do? What should I think? After all of this, the next day I told her, I love her more than anything and I said understand you are mad. You have a right to be, but to get even with me like that? She told me that she has no idea the pain my lie has caused her, and that I will never know, I then told her, put herself in my position, I was sorry but what does lying back to me do, other than hurt me, more than she will ever know. I told her that.

She then said sorry and she wishes she didn't do it. She said if she could take back the pain she put me through, then she would have no regrets.

Thank you all so much for your help, any comments are much appreciated, please be honest and sincere, even if the truth hurts be honest, but be nice about it. Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 15, 2012, 08:44 PM
    Let me see, you fight all the time over little things.

You are jealous and don't trust her.

So what if she wore skin tight clothes every day, she can if she wanted to, here where I live, skin tight clothes and super short skirts is normal every day for most women.

What she wears does not matter, trust does.

You refused to go with her to party ? Why to test her ? If so, that is childish and you deserve being worried then.

She was glad to see you.

It sounds like both of you are childish and if you don't change this relationship will never work

Dec 15, 2012, 08:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Let me see, you fight all the time over little things.

You are jealous and don't trust her.

so what if she wore skin tight clothes every day, she can if she wanted to, here where I live, skin tight clothes and super short skirts is normal every day for most women.

What she wears does not matter, trust does.

You refused to go with her to party ? why to test her ? if so, that is childish and you deserve being worried then.

She was glad to see you.

It sounds like both of you are childish and if you don't change this relationship will never work
    The fact that she didn't wear underwear scared me... she didn't offer me to go, I would have, but it was employee only party. And well yes I do feel childish..
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 15, 2012, 09:48 PM
    Forget about this spat let it go and don't lie big or small and get an over reaction that pisses you off and scares and confuses the hell out of you.

Dec 15, 2012, 09:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Forget about this spat let it go and don't lie big or small and get an over reaction that pisses you off and scares and confuses the hell out of you.
    Talaniman can I send you a personal message please?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 15, 2012, 10:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhound8 View Post
    Talaniman can i send you a personal message please?
    If it's to talk about this thread, then no, you can't. There are rules on this site. One of those rules is that all info pertinent to a thread, stays on this thread. No member of the site is to give advice off site.

Dec 15, 2012, 10:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    If it's to talk about this thread, then no, you can't. There are rules on this site. One of those rules is that all info pertinent to a thread, stays on this thread. No member of the site is to give advice off site.
    Ok well he can reply by all means on the thread if he wants but I sent him the message, some info in it was just a little personal but thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend mad at me and goes to a party and drinks when she says she won't drink. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, me and my girlfriend have been dating for 6 months now and we both love each other... well I know I love her and she says she loves me more than anything... but we fight every now and again, about stupid small stuff... never anything big. Recently I lied to her about something that... in my...

Looking for a music video where this guys enters a party with jugs of colored drinks [ 0 Answers ]

Looking for this music video where this guys enters a party with jugs of colored drinks that look like paint. All the people drink it and are dancing and stuff. I think it was electro?

Drink cold drinks while pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

What will be the effect of drinking cold drinks to the pregnant woman like me?

Party drinks [ 4 Answers ]

Beer - takes too many/long to get drunk Mikes Hard Lemonade - not strong enough. I've been in the legal drinking age for a while now but have never ordered any drinks and so I have no idea what to start with. I'm not crazy about the taste of some millers I have now. What would you suggest...

View more questions Search