Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kateri1978 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2012, 09:32 PM
    3 year old still scared of a mad spirit
    I just posted a question about my 3 year old and the spirit that she sees very often.. almost daily. I have sent out a prayer request to protect my child. I have been told to open a Bible as well. But I do believe her because she has never had imaginary friends and has never been so scared in her life and she always points to the same place and says that's where "he" is... can any one give me a few more suggestions?
    Bug sufferer Posts: 49, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2012, 10:16 PM
    Ask her why she's frightened of it.

Dec 14, 2012, 10:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bug sufferer View Post
    Ask her why she's frightened of it.
    I have.. and she said he's a older man and he's mean to her.. its always in the same spot around the same time every night. It did go away for a little while but then came back and she was soooo scared. One night she was in our room (that's where she sees it) and she was real quiet, so I went in their and asked her what was wrong and she said that mean "man" tried to put his hand over her mouth and scare her really bad... I believe her because she has never seen anything like this before until a few weeks ago...

Dec 14, 2012, 10:42 PM
    Oh that sounds horrific especially her being so young. I would believe her too it would be quite unusual for a child that young to make up something that far fetched and stick by it. If kids make up stories they usually end up forgetting. If its only in your room try to avoid going her going in. It's a difficult one because its your home but if its really affecting her and it won't go maybe its best to just move for her sake. Have you prayed for the spirit. Maybe if you pray for the man he'll go. Or look into the history of the house anything is worth a shot. X

Dec 14, 2012, 11:01 PM
    How long have you been in the house. Did any big changes happen a few weeks ago? As long as you your best to reassure her that he won't hurt her and that she can tell you anything what more can you do. Is she becoming more quiet and less trusting because of this? Maybe you should stay in her room for a few nights just so she feels protected. Oh it must be awful to think of your little girl unhappy and frightened I really hope the best for you. X

Dec 14, 2012, 11:25 PM
    How long have you been in the house. Did any big changes happen a few weeks ago? As long as you your best to reassure her that he wont hurt her and that she can tell you anything what more can you do. Is she becoming more quiet and less trusting because of this? Maybe you should stay in her room for a few nights just so she feels protected. Oh it must be awful to think of your little girl unhappy and frightened I really hope the best for you. X
    I reassure her all the time... the first episode was really bad because she was almost to the bathroom and she just screamec and shook really bad and she said that man scares her.. so I hold her and tell her I will protect her... nothing bad has ever happened in this house.. its new.. and nothing new has happened, but this came from no where. She is usually a very happy child but she gets scared when she sees what ever this is. I have prayed over her and sent out a prayer request for her... and I ask her what he looks like every time this happens and its always the same answer so I know its something or at least I feel like there is truly a spirit that haunts her...

Dec 14, 2012, 11:35 PM
    I think your right you've ruled out any changes except the house. So it does seem like it's the house. I know you pray for her and have sent a prayer request for her, but why not look into the history and pray for the man. I don't pretend to know too much about but maybe some sort of acknowledgement of him might make hi
    Go, nothing drastic like ouigi board or it will just get worse. X
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2012, 01:24 AM
    Your child is at the typical age to experience something called "night terrors". These are bad dreams that seem very real to the child at a time in the child's development before they understand the concept of a dream. They see it so clearly in their imagination, they cannot believe it did not actually happen. Of course, as children get older, they start to understand the difference between dreams, fantasies and their imagination and other pretend things and reality.

The worst thing to do is to start acting like what they are dreaming is real by making it into some real spirit who's actually in the house. Your job is to reassure the child that they are safe, not confirm in any way that there's a bad man in the house.

When my son was this age, his night terrors all revolved around a bad dream that there was an owl in his room. In preschool some guy brought owls for the kids to see, and stupidly didn't think about the fact that they were all 3 to 5 year olds and went on at stupidly great length about how the talons of the owl could break a grown man's fingers or arm. So, my son was convinced there was an owl in his room that was going to break his arm. Being three, he believed that when a person breaks their arm, the broken part falls off completely - like an amputation - because when things around the house broke, they came apart.

We took an old spray bottle and filled it with water and told our son that it was "Owl go-away spray" and sprayed it around his room. We also told him that Owls only like to fly around in the dark and that they don't like lights and put a nightlight in his room. This solved the problem.

Dec 15, 2012, 02:00 AM
    My ex had horrendous night terrors due tochildhood trauma but she didn't say they were happening at night when the child was asleep. X
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Dec 15, 2012, 06:57 AM
    While the person that gave you this advice may be well intentioned... they surely don't know what they bible says about dealing with this.

There are right and wrong ways to pray for many different situations. Sending out a prayer request is simply not how this is dealt with.

An open bible is not to be treated as a good luck charm. Demons don't fear the written word... they fear the promises and BELIEF of that word. Satan used scripture while tempting Jesus. Demons KNOW what they bible says... they don't fear a bible that is laying around.

This is most likely not something you can fix by yourself. As I said, this isn't an issue of using good luck charms to scare off a bad spirit. That is superstition... which has no place in ANYBODY'S life.

Dec 15, 2012, 04:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hauntinghelper View Post
    While the person that gave you this advice may be well intentioned...they surely don't know what they bible says about dealing with this.

There are right and wrong ways to pray for many different situations. Sending out a prayer request is simply not how this is dealt with.

An open bible is not to be treated as a good luck charm. Demons don't fear the written word...they fear the promises and BELIEF of that word. Satan used scripture while tempting Jesus. Demons KNOW what they bible says...they don't fear a bible that is laying around.

This is most likely not something you can fix by yourself. As I said, this isn't an issue of using good luck charms to scare off a bad spirit. That is superstition...which has no place in ANYBODY'S life.
    Thank you everybody for the advice... but I believe its not a dream that she has had or something she has seen on t.v. her daily routine consists of sponge bob and dora, nothing violent. And our child is probably one of the most protected kids in the world due to only going to child care 3 days a week, the rest of the time spent at home. But I do believe in God.. I am Catholic.. and even though haven't practiced going to church in a good while, the belief is still in my heart and I still say prayers. I have prayed for her and to God to take away what this is that is terrifying her... but its to the point where I am a little nervous when she goes to the room by herself considering its in our room.. any more suggestions...
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2012, 09:42 PM
    My ex had horrendous night terrors due tochildhood trauma but she didnt say they were happening at night when the child was asleep. X
    They can believe that the subjects of their dream are real and can integrate them into their daytime play and talk and can say that they "saw" it even though they actually "saw it" while they were sleeping. Three year olds aren't always the most effective communicators. In any event, I think going off the deep end about spirits and ghosts and all this because a three year old child talks about something that's not real - well, that's what three year olds do. They are very imaginative.

Dec 15, 2012, 11:38 PM
    What about puttin a lock on your door even if you don't use it maybe if you explain that there is a lock so the grumpy man will stay locked in your room and that if she wanta to go in your room only go in together. X

Dec 15, 2012, 11:42 PM
    Not getting into the debates about whether ghosts are real they are. Children's minds are not so closed as adults. The worst thing would not be to believe her. The ghost is there the issue is how to explain to her although he might be mean he can't her. X

Dec 15, 2012, 11:52 PM
    I still think looking into the history of the house is a good idea if you find information out about someone who died that matches your daughter's description you can tell your daughter about him. Maybe you could write a letter for him or something I don't know you don't want the hauntings to get worse but some sort of acknowledgement that he's there migh make him back off. Even if not it might just make your daughter feel better to write her feelings about it. I know she's only 3, but I mean in a non serious calm light hearted way. X

Dec 16, 2012, 12:09 AM
    Another suggestion your catholic has she got a cross? Maybe get her a safe necklace she can't choke on like rosary beads. And you can explain that even if she sees the man god is there with her inside the cross he can see him too and he won't let the man hurt her. X

Dec 16, 2012, 11:36 AM
    Another suggestion your catholic has she got a cross? Maybe get her a safe necklace she can't choke on like rosary beads. And you can explain that even if she sees the man god is there with her inside the cross he can see him too and he wont let the man hurt her. X
    Again, relgious relects and symbols don't mean ANYTHING without the reality behind them. God isn't something you just invoke when it suits your situation.

It's not IF you believe in God... it's HOW you believe in Him. The book of James said that even demons believe in God... and tremble. It's what you do with that belief. If you think just being "Catholic" is enough to scare a spirit away you are fooling yourself. It's not your belief that makes you a Christian, it's your actions and your heart. Christianity is not a religion, it is a relationship with God. In that relationship, and ONLY in that relationship are we promised protection and authority over such spirits.

Dec 16, 2012, 11:21 PM
    Again, relgious relects and symbols don't mean ANYTHING without the reality behind them. God isn't something you just invoke when it suits your situation.

It's not IF you believe in God...it's HOW you believe in Him. The book of James said that even demons believe in God...and tremble. It's what you do with that belief. If you think just being "Catholic" is enough to scare a spirit away you are fooling yourself. It's not your belief that makes you a Christian, it's your actions and your heart. Christianity is not a religion, it is a relationship with God. In that relationship, and ONLY in that relationship are we promised protection and authority over such spirits.
    Thank u everybody.. but I DO BELIEVE IN ALL MY HEART THE VALUES OF GOD... she just came back from a weekend with her daddy and hasn't spoke of this "thing" that she see's... so until it happens again.. that's when my concern will once rise again. But to the person that said do some research of the house.. well the house was new.. no body has lived here but us.. so I have pretty much ruled that out. And no I don't believe in good luck charms or bringing the Bible out just to lay on our dresser. And we also can't put a lock on our door because its an open room and that's just the way our house is. I wouldn't keep her out of our room because she feels safe their when we r by her side. Thank u everyone sooo much!

Dec 17, 2012, 03:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kateri1978 View Post
    Thank u everybody..but I DO BELIEVE IN ALL MY HEART THE VALUES OF GOD...she just came back from a weekend with her daddy and hasn't spoke of this "thing" that she see's...so until it happens again..that's when my concern will once rise again. But to the person that said do some research of the house..well the house was new..no body has lived here but us..so I have pretty much ruled that out. And no I don't believe in good luck charms or bringing the Bible out just to lay on our dresser. And we also can't put a lock on our door because its an open room and that's just the way our house is. I wouldn't keep her out of our room because she feels safe their when we r by her side. Thank u everyone sooo much!!
    Do keep us posted if she starts back up again.

Dec 17, 2012, 05:55 PM
    Do keep us posted if she starts back up again.
    And then it happens again... their is something that she see's... she just started screaming and said that "he's" going to get her... no one has spoken of it because I took all suggestions thinking she was just making this up because of a dream.. this little girl looked scared to death... please help me... its not this house because it was new... the only thing I have thought about was that we got our bed from his grand mothers (she has passed many years ago) and she was indian.. maybe some indian spirit or something.. I'm just at a loss...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I think a spirit tried to hurt me through my dream. And I'm too scared to sleep [ 10 Answers ]

I can't tell if I was dreaming or awake because I was awake at part of this, All I remember is I was dreaming about something random then I feel pressure at my ankles and my arms and on my face and it was pushing me down so hard and I tried to look and all I saw was a flowy part of a dark shadow...

1.5 year old boxer pooping and peeing in house because he is mad? [ 89 Answers ]

I have a boxer that I cannot stand. I am home with him with two kids and do not have a fence for him to go run. I want to get rid of him because it is me having to deal with him. I have told my fiancé I am really stressed out and need a fence or an electric fence my friend would sell for really...

6 year old scared of trying new foods [ 5 Answers ]

HI, I have a six year old that is terrified of trying new foods. He currently only wants to eat french fries, pizza with everything scraped off, corn, only if its on the cob, and noodles with butter. He doesn't want to try anything sweet ( including candy), but he will eat potato chips and things...

View more questions Search