Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kat555lady Posts: 88, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2007, 03:48 AM
    More on adobe 8
    Do the adobe reader speed launch and the synchronizer have to load at startup? Also what do these two things do?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2007, 03:53 AM
    I think the speed launch sound like it preloads a few things, so that when you want to read PDF docs, they come up more quick.

Not sure about the synchronizer. I normally turn this off.

If you turn them off at startup, you shoul dbe able to enable them again if you need them.
    Well done for trying to clean up your startup though. :)

I certainly don't think they are critical at all.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 15, 2007, 03:57 AM
    Neither are needed at startup.
    You can quite happily remove them as well as any scheduled updaters for things like Java, Real player, Quicktime etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adobe reader [ 4 Answers ]

What's the best version of adobe reader? I don't want all the xtra bloatware that's not needed. I'm using a HP compaq computer and running windows xp sp2

Adobe pagemaker [ 4 Answers ]

I have already searched it on net but nothing was satisfactory. Actually, I am not able to run Adobe Pagemaker program until I go to Task Manager and end the Rundll32.exe process. After ending this process only I am able to run Pagemaker and my system also gets fast after killing this process. I...

Anyone knows adobe.. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi to all, I want to know how to add fonts in adobe illustrator and photoshop :) is that too much hehehe have a nice day... Thankz...

View more questions Search