Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2012, 04:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Nonsense. You can't really believe that people hellbent on violence aren't going to accomplish their evil act if you take guns away, and if you do it will only drive the trade underground. If some violent dude tries to prey on my wife in a parking lot the government isn't going to be able to protect her, but she damn sure has a chance protect herself. It's not a gun issue Clete, it's a culture issue, it's a mental health issue, it's a heart issue. When someone says they aren't surprised this guy did it, that's your first clue that someone should have intervened.
    Speech I agree it is a cultural issue and I have the opportunity to observe first hand a different culture so thus my comments. You speak of violence and predatory behaviour, really a cultural issue, yes a mental health issue but is the whole society mad??

First of all, mentioning you have a human trafficking problem to deal with IS showing concern. I could certainly dispute the notion that they aren't victims of the sex trade but again, this was to be a thread about the victims, not your self-righteous pontificating.
    I happen to believe that those who prey on economic migrants and asylum seekers are just as much a human trafficking problem as those who recruit for the sex industry, they entice people and exploit them and many die as a result, children among them, You may have as many children die on one boat as died last week.There is no one to mourn them. We don't have the human trafficking problem you would suggest although I cannot deny that it might be caught up in the mêlée, but we are victims of it because it exists in surrounding nations, who do nothing about it and where corruption has fueled it, and billions that might otherwise go to aid must be spent in military operations, pursuit, arrest, housing, transportation, rescue, medical care, legal actions, to deal with the aftermath.

At the root of all these problems is corruption, some people want to put a different face on it, but it is corruption nevertheless, there are many evils in this world, and often they are associated with pleasure and what are described as harmless pursuits
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 17, 2012, 06:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mogrann View Post
    Can this be all moved to the other thread? Lets keep this one only about the victims and us supporting them from afar. The other thread is the one to debate in PLEASE!
    Thank you Mogrann.

Guys, this thread is about the victims, not about the guns used to kill them.

I started another thread so you all could discuss guns, and how you feel about them. Please, let this thread be a memorial, not a debate. I beg of you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What fruits grow in Connecticut [ 1 Answers ]

What fruits grow in Connecticut and Thailand?

Abandoned in Connecticut! [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Connecticut and have a 2 1/2 year old daughter. Her biological father has not had any contact with her since she was 5 months old. My husband has raised her since she was about 6 months old he is all she knows as her "daddy". In the fall she is starting preschool. I wanted to see if I...

Shooting at Cleveland School [ 37 Answers ]

How does a 14 year old get his hands on a gun, where were the parents of this children after he was suspended? WHy did the parents have the gun in a safe place away from the child? Gun safe is very important and I use only safe storage of any weapons away from children, I personally blame the...

View more questions Search