Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carolyngym Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2012, 10:34 PM
    Gymnastics condition and exercises
    Hi, I'm a twelve year old level 5 gymnast, and I started gymnastics again four months ago. I trained in America from the age of two up until the age of eight (when I was seven I got put in a pre-competitve class). I then moved to Japan and started training with the Japanese and I finally got to do competitve. I was in the best shape of my life then. I've completely lost my gymnast body. Even though I have been training for a few months, I really want to build my strength and muscle outside of the gym. If you have any advice on how to become more flexible that would be great as well. Please give me some answers and advice, I want to be the best I can be.
    soccercameroo Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2014, 08:05 AM
    There is many stretches you can do. To help with my flexibility I go down into the splits as far as I can for two minutes, and try to go down farther each thirty seconds. It definitely makes you sore but it helps. And it's quick too. Something you can do to help with strength is if there is a playground or Elementary school near you, you can do chin ups and practice kips on there. Another thing that can help a lot with strength is you fill a box up with some things that are kind of heavy and carry it around your house with straight arms. You can also do that with a watermelon. I hope that some of these help you, if not then just go on YouTube to a channel called sevengymnasticsgirls they have a bunch of stretches and other things. And good luck in gymnastics!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I too old for gymnastics? [ 4 Answers ]

I am really, really sure that gymnastics is the right sport for me. I am very inspired by people like Gabby Douglas and Shawn Johnson. I am trying to convince my mom that I should take gymnastics but she is saying I am too old. I am eleven years old, but very flexible and very interested in...

A(n) _______ structure tests a condition and then takes one path if the condition [ 1 Answers ]

A) IF-THEN statement B) single alternative decision C) dual alternative decision D) sequence

Gymnastics [ 0 Answers ]

Asslamualikum I wanted to know if gymnastics is haram

Gymnastics help [ 1 Answers ]

I take tumbling classes at an all star gym but they say I am so close to getting my back handspring.. and I feel like I am but they keep telling me to be mmore aggressive and when I do it to snap my legs down right after the handstand... I just wanted to know if there was any other ways to help...

Too Old for Gymnastics? [ 1 Answers ]

I am 16, to turn 17 in a couple of weeks. I took gymnastics for about 3 years a long time ago (when I was 10-13 years old) and then quit. I was wondering if there was any chance of me being able to go back to the sport.. or is it too late?

View more questions Search