Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    A1873983 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2012, 08:19 PM
    Take 8th over summer?
    I am 13 and in 7th grade due to a late birthday. I am a straight A student and not challenged in most subjects. I took a cogat test this year and did not pass, however I made almost above average on everything in CAT testing because I transferred from private to public school this year due to not being challenged. My parents are okay with the situation and another thing is I am more mature than most of the kids in my grade and I do have friends in 8th so by social means I would be okay. Is there anyway to skip 8th and go to freshman year? Any online classes or tests? Or could I complete 8th grade over the summer and start a freshman the following year? Also I live in NC if that helps. I have spoken with my guidance counsular, but she hasn't really given an answer... I'd do anything to skip.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Dec 14, 2012, 08:22 PM
    You didn't do well on the Cogat? That shows how well you use your reasoning skills. Since you didn't score well, I can't imagine you advancing without completing 8th grade. If your parents want you to skip, they should get in contact with your guidance counselor. Only he/she can give you specific information about your academic record and what you need to do. We can't answer that here. (It may not be an option for you.)
    Annamass Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2013, 02:06 PM
    I didn't say I was skipping totally, I was wondering if there was a possibility to take 8th over the summer
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jan 3, 2013, 03:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Annamass View Post
    I didn't say I was skipping totally, I was wondering if there was a possibility to take 8th over the summer
    Are you the original poster of the thread?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paying child support during the summer, but I have her during the summer. [ 3 Answers ]

When we got our divorce, I didn't pay attention to the fact that I would be paying child support during the summer months too and I have the child during the summer. Can I file a petition for him to pay me payments during the summer months? I am basically paying him all year round.

A/C-Furnace changeover from summer to winter/winter to summer [ 0 Answers ]

I'm in a new (to me) house. I know that to change from summer (S), to winter (W), I change the filter, move a handle from S to W and change the humidifier setting to the appropriate setting. My Qs are: 1. At what temperature levels do I make the switch from S to W and W to S 2. How do I set...

I'm 15 and I'm going to 8th grade , I don't want to do 8th grade I want to skip to 9th [ 11 Answers ]

I stayed back in 4th grade and 5th grade , now I'm becoming a 8th grader , I'm really ready for high school even though my grades are a little low , can you help me shoud I move to a other country so they could skip me?

Summer Switch on Furnace- on or off in summer? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an older model Carrier furnace for central heat in the basement; the AC unit is newer and outside. I noticed that the Carrier unit has a "Summer Switch". Should it be set to off during the summer months?

View more questions Search