Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trpatter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2007, 12:41 AM
    Medical professions
    How many years of schooling (undergrad & med. School) you have to have?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2007, 12:51 AM
    Lots. Medical professions have one of the longest training periods. You had better be well trained before you go poking about in somebody's body :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 15, 2007, 04:27 AM
    I assume you mean becoming a doctor. It takes many many years to become a doctor. I am going to be a Registered Nurse beginning with my Associates Degree, so far it has taken me 3 years and I have one left before I get that degree. Then my BSN will take me another 2 years, so that will be a total of 6. After that my Master's will take me about 2 1/2 years past that.

So, as you can see it takes a very long time to become a medical professional.
    manimuth Posts: 261, Reputation: 60

Mar 30, 2007, 10:53 AM
    If you are in the U.S. and you mean becoming an M.D.:

4 years undergraduate and 4 years medical school and then an average of 3 years of Residency (different specialties have different residency lengths) before you can work on your own as an M.D.

But, there are different types of accelerated programs available (at least in the U.S.) that combines undergraduate and medical studies so that you may be able to get an M.D. in less than 8 years. Ask your guidance counselor or buy the MSAR (Medical School Admission Requirements) book for more detailed help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Medical [ 2 Answers ]

Thank you! Would like to get information on the Pituary Gland. Can anyone help?:o

Medical [ 1 Answers ]

Q-for Thyroglossal Cyst Most Common Site Is A]suprahyoid B]subhyoid C]foramen Caecum

Medical question [ 5 Answers ]

Do patients need to follow the unwritten contract to "follow orders" as directed?

What is the medical term for... [ 1 Answers ]

I have sensitive skin that can easily react to temperature change, heat, stress, anxiety, embarrassment, and sometimes even touch. Red blotches/marks appear on my face, neck, and upper arms. It appears quickly and takes a while for it to go away. It is not anxiety centered, like it used to be. What...

Medical [ 2 Answers ]

I have dental bill of 973.00 which I am being taken to small claims court for. The court is in NJ and I live in PA. Can they garnish my wages because I do not have the full amount to give them? If so how much are they allowed to garnish my wages for and does it show on my credit report?

View more questions Search