Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sdbickf Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2012, 04:27 PM
    Location of fuse on Rheem heat pump
    Our thermostat had been going blank and then coming back on for a while. We installed new thermostat and still cannot get unit to run. Called Honeywell customer service and all is connected correctly. We touched red and green wires together and got no response. Wondered about the fuse. Where would it be located on a Rheem heat pump? Is the transformer on the heat pump unit outside or in the unit in the attic? Not sure if it makes a difference, but ours has axillary heat. I want to check this before I pay for someone else $125 to replace a $1 part!
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2012, 06:32 PM
    The fuse & transformer should be in the air handler in the attic. Fuses are usually 3 amp automotive type.
    sdbickf Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2012, 08:39 PM
    We removed the cover on the air handler and cannot locate the fuse. Can you give me more info as to what exactly to look for? Thank you so much.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rheem fuse location [ 1 Answers ]

Locate fuse

I have a new Rheem heat pump. The cooling works fine but won't blow hot air in HEAT [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new Rheem heat pump. The cooling works fine but won't blow hot air in HEAT setting. I have reset the breakers for heat pump and air handler, changed filters and pulled batteries and reset the Braeburn 3000 thermostat. Still blows cold... Any other suggestions?

Heat Pump blows 5amp fuse when switching between defrost & back to heat. Them Heat work [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Heat Pump System. It’s about 5 years old and has functioned OK until this Christmas Eve. One problem is the condensing unit is not kicking back on after it goes into defrost mode. I found a 5AMP fuse blown in the attic unit and once replaced it functioned. At least for a day or two...

View more questions Search