Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lillyjane2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2012, 12:56 PM
    What should I do if my dog gets into a fight with the stray cat under our house?
    I very worried that the stray cat could have rabbies and if were to bite my dog she would get them to. And I don't want her to get scratched but I also don't want my anger towards the cat to act up (I would probably try to kill the cat)
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Dec 13, 2012, 01:06 PM
    Is your dog up to date on the rabies shot?
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2012, 09:52 AM
    First, before assuming the feral cat has rabies.. check to see if it has they typical symptoms of rabies. If the cat does have rabies, I would think it would be your civic duty to call animal control/police to report that an animal in a residential neighborhood has a possibility of rabies.

Is your dog up to day with rabies? If not, I would suggest you get your dog up to date asap.

To eliminate all problems, call animal control and have them come trap the cat.. or.. trap the cat yourself and take it to the shelter.

Typically, a cat will not challenge a dog. A dog may corner it and scare the poop out of it, and naturally, the cat will defend itself.. but to worry that there is going to be a brawl under your deck.. highly unlikely.

Here is a link that describes what rabies is and the early symptoms.

Early Signs of Rabies in Cats

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Has stray cat given birth ? What are signs a cat has just had kittens? [ 6 Answers ]

She's about 8 weeks along. A few days ago her belly was very hard, and she was very affectionate. Now her belly isn't as hard, and she's not affectionate at all. Also I haven't ever been able to feel movement in her belly. Is it possible she already had her babies? She really hasn't left our...

Took in a stray abused cat from outdoors; but cat get it to go in the litter box! [ 9 Answers ]

Please help! My roommate and I have recently took in a stray beaten up cat. When she took her to the vet she ended up dropping loads of money on this cat to help her. She has a giant wound, and has a respitory infection, she was very mal nutritioned- she's skin and bones.. the whole nine yards....

Bringing a stray cat into a house with another cat? [ 22 Answers ]

Okay, I have a male cat, who is about 14 years old, and he is still very active. Recently we've been having a stray cat who looks to be at most a year and a half old come around our house. It is a girl, and she hangs around our house all day. It is a gorgeous cat, and we've been considering...

The stray cat under my house won't leave [ 5 Answers ]

I had some work done to my house recently and one of the contracters left the side entrance that goes underneath my house open. I now have a cat under there that refuses to leave. We re-opened the side entrance and even the small vent under the house to give him/her the opportunity to get out but...

Stray cat under my house... [ 5 Answers ]

Yesterday mum was washing the dishes and outside the window she saw a cat come up to the door and have a sniff around. She was confused because it look exactly like our male tabby (who is desexed) except it had a red collar on. Then it ran back under the house. Who knows how long its been there....

View more questions Search