Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Breanna_Putman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2012, 10:10 AM
    Color oops
    So I'm a natural like redish brown blonde, kind of color some where in there and I've died my hair blonde black brown red, and this time I died it dark, and I liked it but it faded so I died it again and this time it's not fading so and it's grown out some so my roots are a lot lighter, and I want to get rid of the dark. But with out my hair being different shades. I've heard different things about color oops and like everyone else I'm worried my hair will break or look like a nasty orange. And I just don't know if I should take a chance, cause I can't afford a salon :/
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2012, 10:36 AM
    Well, you could risk all the things you listed if you try to do corrective color on your own. You really need a professional to strip the old color out and then color it how you want it. Then you should probably leave it alone, just touching up the new color on new growth until this really processed hair grows out and you can trim it off.

I would recommend you find a quality beauty school to have this done if cost is an issue. Otherwise, just touch up the roots with semi-permanent color and keep it the color it is - stop changing colors for a good, long while. When the old, over-processed hair grows out, trim it off and then seriously consider what color you want it. In the meantime save up some money because you'll need to hire a professional to strip the old color out and change it how you want it - depending on where you go and where you live, I'd anticipate it will be over $100.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dose color removers (like color oops) work on bleach hair then applied red splat [ 0 Answers ]

I bleached my hair to dye my hair a bright red like the little mermaid. (using splat) and now I want the red to get out of my hair. But I'm wondering if the beach will affect the color removal. I need this red out of my hair and I'm desprate

I used Color oops [ 1 Answers ]

And now my roots are brighter then the rest of my hair!! My roots are like light brow kind blonde and my hair is dark brown >.>' Grrrrrrrrrr ugh I want to put another color , medium copper brown, but if I do then the color would be un even since my roots are lighter!!

Will color oops/loreal color zap work for me? [ 1 Answers ]

I dyed 2 streaks of my hair blond. I'm sick of it now, so I want to remove it with a hair dye color remover instead of dying my hair black (my natural hair color) again. Will it wok for me? :confused:

View more questions Search