Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daniellesh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2012, 06:00 AM
    How to get rid of warts
    My son has a big wart on the corner of his eye, and he is very conscious of it. Any natural suggestions? Thanks.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 12, 2012, 06:38 AM
    The best "natural suggestion" is to wait it out. Warts are a virus and will disappear with time. Otherwise you can take him to the doctor to have it removed.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 12, 2012, 06:41 AM
    I had a wart many years ago and read a story (maybe by Stephen Jay Gould?) about the power of suggestion, and he cited a large study of warts done at a large hospital. The placebo group did just as well as the group treated with a known wart remover. It was theorized that when someone puts a topical treatment on a wart, they stop touching it. So it might have been that as much as the power of suggestion.
    So I stopped playing with my wart (on a finger) and it went away in under 10 days. It had been there for almost a year. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not.
    You could try either one - put water with a drop of steeped tea in a bottle and apply with a swab, or tell him not to touch it. Or both.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Warts [ 1 Answers ]

I and my boyfriend have been having sex for the past 1yr now, and since then he has been having genetal warts.. he has treated himself several timesn but, when we have sex he contacts it again.. I have gone to the doctor anytime I have symptoms, and have been treated for yeast infections.. but, he...

Warts that will not go away? [ 2 Answers ]

I have warts on m thumb and finger. Every time I try the over the counter medication not only do they not go away but I will have another one come up. I have try over the counter medication and tried freezing them off at a doctors office. Does any one know any tricks or anything else I can try...

Is it possible to have gential warts without there being any warts there? [ 0 Answers ]

Okay so I have had vaginal itching for the past few months. It has been over a year since the last time I had unprotected sex. I got a pap smear which come back normal. The doctor ran some tests including HIV, Herpes, Syphilis, Hepatitis, Chlamydia and a fungal screen which all come back negative....

I have warts I think on my fore skin can I use wartner to get rid of them? [ 1 Answers ]

I have wart like things on the tip of my foreskin can I use wartner to get rid of them or what can I buy over the counter as I don't do doctors or hospitals or denists I'm on the verge of cutting them out but wanted to know if I can buy something 1st

Getting rid of warts [ 11 Answers ]

I have a wart on my right palm I'm currently getting rid of. I don't know what kind of wart it is. At the moment I'm using the acid and then sticking a plaster over it to kill it off methods. Just wanted to know anyone's advice or opinions on getting rid of warts and how long it takes, etc. ...

View more questions Search