Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dee smith Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2012, 03:53 AM
    Indicted
    Man in a Ga. Prison for over 3 years w/o being indicted, how long can they hold him?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 12, 2012, 04:12 AM
    More detail would be useful.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2012, 05:57 AM
    Hello d:

I suspect that he's already been convicted, being in prison for 3 years.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 13, 2012, 06:13 AM
    He can be charged in Georgia without being indicted. The police officer arrests, they have a first appearance. If he waves his first appearance, charges are not formally read to him.

If he is in prison, then he has been convicted, or did a plea agreement. Or had probation or parole violated.

He is held in jail if he is not been to trial yet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If you are never indicted how can you do seven years in prison? [ 2 Answers ]

Was arrested stayed in jail for 20 months then got sent to prison for another five years. Was never found guilty and never indicted

I was just indicted by a grand jury [ 9 Answers ]

I have no criminal background besides a dui that I finished probation for, plus a few taken care of traffic tickets. Being accused of selling adderall. My question is they have requested 15,000 secure bond and have requested a district court arrest warrant. Will I be arrested soon or in district...

How does waiting to be indicted for 61 days mean? [ 1 Answers ]

How does waiting to be indicted for 61 days mean? My 61 days is up now yesterday so does that mean I am good to go or what? I am out on bond and my husband is still in jail but we are on the docket Monday but the court house and lawyer and everyone said that I don't have to be in court that day,...

Embezzlement... Charge and indicted [ 16 Answers ]

So here the low down on what happened to me. I once worked for the great company Winn-dixie. No joke I really think it was a great place to work. During my employment I started making and selling beef jerky on eBay from 2006-2010. The eBay jerky business had gotten so big that I was buying three...

View more questions Search