Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rocketsfan23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2012, 06:07 PM
    Is letting her go the only way to ever be with her?
    I've been "dating" this girl for several months now. We have never actually been exclusive which is part of the problem here. She was my best friend for several years beforehand and always had a boyfriend. I knew that coming out of that relationship she wouldn't be ready for quite some time and even told her that.

We began spending almost every night together and it was really good. Then she clearly became scared, she could tell I was ready for it to be more and she wasn't. She backed off and I gave her the space she wanted. We have been kind of limbo now for about a month, I can tell she holds back.

Lately she's had a short fuse with me and things definitely aren't the same. I also know that she still talks to other guys and I do understand that's totally acceptable.

I love this girl and would do anything to be with her in the future. I feel as though I've been too available though, always around, doing things, never really saying no because we are best friends and I do want to be around her all the time. I want her to appreciate all I do for her but not lose her completely.

I feel like letting her go and backing off a ton is the only way to do this. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2012, 07:03 AM
    From what you have described you sound like you have done everything you can and now it is up to her. If you are always there she doesn't have to consider the fact that one day you might not be there.

Give her the space right now and see what she does next. But that doesn't mean you stop your life or looking for someone else.
    C0bra_M3nace Posts: 1,296, Reputation: 223
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2012, 07:08 AM
    I think you moved in a bit too fast. You should have given her the space she needed from the start.

Give it time and give her some room to heal and if things go forward from there, great.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Letting go? [ 4 Answers ]

It's been at least 3 months since our 2nd break up and 7 months since the first. The first time we broke up was due to the inability of being able to see each other and difficulty of communicating (we just graduated high school). We tried our best but in the end, summer had taken it's toll, and we...

Letting go. [ 13 Answers ]

Stuck!. That's how I feel. Life story made in to short story: I got pregnant as a teen, I'm 22 now, I'm still with the baby's father, we don't live together because I'm in college which my parents are funding and my mom watch's my child and that's what's convenient. Plus, I don't want to take care...

Letting the ex know. [ 2 Answers ]

INDIRECTLY... I really want her back but I'm forced to move on... she broke up with me. Two months ago she would have married me and now she won't even speak to me. I wrote her 2 emails saying I wanted to marry also and showed her pictures of the ring proving my intentions... I am doing no...

Letting someone down [ 4 Answers ]

I met this guy on myspace around the middle of December. His picture on myspace looks like a totally different person that he does in real life. When I'm talking to him online he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. He takes me out to eat, buys me gifts, sends me flowers, the whole 9 yards. ...

View more questions Search