Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ljphilp Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2012, 05:49 PM
    Kitten with mucusy passings and a tendancey to eat everything in site
    We have a 18 week old kiten who we got from a family who had a dog and three kids if that makes any difference. Firat off she had a runny tummy when we first got her amd this was proving to be a problem took her to the vet who has wormed her. This has been done a month later also. We changed her food from whiskas to james wellbeloved. This seemed to make her bowelovements a bit more solid. She has managed to find her way on nuemerous ocations into our waste bin and there have been explosive consequences. As a result of this we have changed her onto a plain chicken diet with the advice of the vet. This was going well until about 4 days ago when we noticed she was passing mucus and lots of it. There has been no change in her energy levels and she is still aa hungry as ever. I genuinely think it would just eat and eat and eat forever. Oh and also she doesn't clean herself
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 11, 2012, 05:53 PM
    First, make sure the cat cannot get into the garbage or any food she isn't supposed to eat. Does she eat dry food?

Dec 11, 2012, 06:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    First, make sure the cat cannot get into the garbage or any food she isn't supposed to eat. Does she eat dry food?
    Easier said than done. She has pulled the bin over to get into it. And even eats dust of the floor and licks carpets.

Dec 11, 2012, 06:07 PM
    She is on plain boild chicken at the moment as most of the dry foods available makes her worse.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 11, 2012, 06:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ljphilp View Post
    Easier said than done. She has pulled the bin over to get into it. And even eats dust of the floor and licks carpets.
    Make sure the lid is on it and the lid is a tight fit.

Does she have dry food available?

Dec 11, 2012, 06:11 PM
    It is a tight fit, she is able to get I to it no matter what we do. We are also in an open plan house and therfroe can't even close the kitchen off to her.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 11, 2012, 06:14 PM
    It is a tight fit, she is able to get i to it no matter what we do. We are also in an open plan house and therfroe can't even close the kitchen off to her.
    And this kitten is only 18 weeks old?

Do you know how soon she was taken from her mother?

Dec 11, 2012, 06:19 PM
    And this kitten is only 18 weeks old?

Do you know how soon she was taken from her mother?
    As far as we have been told she is 18 weeks. We were told ahe was 12 weeks when we got her from a family who's youngest was "alregic" althouvh no sign of an alergy when we picked her up. We have wondered how old she was when they got her.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 11, 2012, 06:24 PM
    Mom cats teach their babies what and how to eat, how to groom themselves, etc. Either she had a terrible mother or was taken away much too early.

You must make sure the garbage is sealed and unavailable to her. Is there dry food for her to eat at will?

Dec 11, 2012, 06:28 PM
    Mom cats teach their babies what and how to eat, how to groom themselves, etc. Either she had a terrible mother or was taken away much too early.

You must make sure the garbage is sealed and unavailable to her. Is there dry food for her to eat at will?
    As I've said the vet has instructed us to fed her only boild chicken little and often
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 11, 2012, 06:30 PM
    As i've said the vet has instructed us to fed her only boild chicken little and often
    It sounds like she is starving. I'd reconnect with that vet or find a different one.
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2012, 07:22 PM
    How long did the vet tell you to feed just chicken? That is NOT nutritionally complete for a kitten.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2012, 09:54 AM
    Was she tested for any of the kitty illnesses?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog won't eat just came home from vet after a mucusy vomit [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old 13 lb Chiweenie. We took her to the vent on Monday because she threw up a bloody mucus with one blade of grass in it. This is the first time she has ever thrown up anything that resembles blood. She stayed at the vets overnight. They did a radio graph (I believe that is what...

My kitten won't eat [ 3 Answers ]

I got a 9 week old kitten yesterday from a litter and it was fine in the car on the way home and then when it was time to feed it it would hardly eat anything and we just thought it was homesick but today again it has not ate much. Also it is always lying down on the floor asleep. Could you tell me...

Kitten not wanting to eat [ 1 Answers ]

I just got a kitten a couple days ago the lady who I got it from said the kitten was 6 weeks old. Though later she called me and said the kitten was born on April 7 which wouldnt make the kitten 6 weeks old yet. Anyway the kitten isnt wanting to eat. I am feeding it from a kitten bottle. I have a...

A sick kitten that will not eat [ 3 Answers ]

I have a cat that is about 6 months old (not really sure cause I found her) and she will not eat or drink anything.This is the 3 day now and I am getting very worried about her.She has not been going to the bathroom either for 3 days .Does anyone no what we can do.I have tried giving her milk on a...

View more questions Search